Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that under load my 1JZ is bogging right at the transition point of positive boost. It almost backfires slightly depending on load, but once under boost runs like a scaled ape...

The on/off transition seems more single-turbo like than the normal smooth twin action. I had originaly thought it was running far to rich due to 12v walbro hotwire, but even after returning to stock 9v it still does it (but not as bad).

TPS possibly?

·
s366 equipped
185 Posts
Ive owned over 3 1jz engines and they all bog a little before hitting boost but when it hits its like god taking a baseball bat to it .When it starts getting worse its time to change those plugs, as for the backfire ..dont really know what can cause it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
that little filter on the side of the intake manifold could be cloged... try swaping the upper and lower vac lines on the side of the intake manifold for the map sensor.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to swap the plugs out for good measure here this weekend. Car was running rich for quite some time (still might be :lol: ) so possibly fouled the plugs. I'll also go through and do a general health check also.

Backfire/bog seems to occur right around 2800 or so, and about mid throttle push from light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts