Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· 475RWHP 449TQ and climing
6,183 Posts
Nice numbers there but get that fuel taken care of. Can any one say 720cc's! Nice boost curve for power. I notice it hits full boost just a bit late at 6500 rpms. This turbo needs room, but that is the power band of a t66. Good thing is the red line is higher on the 1j making topend power should be nice; However down low is not that great a power band! It seems that Duanes IHI RCh7 spools sooner, as does the blackdevilsupras dyno chart. How responsive is that for you. One of the guys here nofear6235 has the t66 on the 7m, and hates the lagg, but loves the kick in the pants neck snapping power! :bigthumb: :)

· Registered
2,753 Posts
Nice numbers. I too expected a little more from a T66 at 27psi. But I'm sure some more tuning will get you there with bigger injectors. Definantly kicks in a little later than I would like, but I bet that topend is lots of fun.

· evil will always triumph
2,809 Posts
congrats man!!!! cant wait to see what my heap will do :D

· No One Ever Listens To Me
6,005 Posts
Larry_A said:
WEARY means to be too tired. I think you meant WARY, which means to be cautious.

Word selection aside, your message is pertinent. With those AFs, I'd pull the spark plugs and look for speckling, to err on the side of caution...but anyone who is capable of those dyno sheets and drove it home, already knows this. The way those curves plateau & practically level off to the end of the chart is beautiful.

Enjoy the car, but please be careful. I'm a dad, so I had to say it.

Take care.
:lol: thanks larry... ;) weary/wary...same difference :p

· AEM SP63
1,778 Posts
Wow, nice. I made that exact same 543rwhp but that was at 24psi on a 63, my torque was at 537.

Car sounds very nice :)

· Registered
2,753 Posts
"2.5 litres of displacement ergo [email protected]! "

Not sure what you said. But a T66 with good tuning is capable of much more than 545rwhp at 27psi on a 2.51jz, or a 3.0 7M.

Still, great numbers!!

· Registered
289 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Nice numbers there but get that fuel taken care of. Can any one say 720cc's! Nice boost curve for power. I notice it hits full boost just a bit late at 6500 rpms. This turbo needs room, but that is the power band of a t66. Good thing is the red line is higher on the 1j making topend power should be nice; However down low is not that great a power band! It seems that Duanes IHI RCh7 spools sooner, as does the blackdevilsupras dyno chart. How responsive is that for you. One of the guys here nofear6235 has the t66 on the 7m, and hates the lagg, but loves the kick in the pants neck snapping power! :bigthumb: :)
duanes not using 550's and jus a safc.... hes using standalone. and dunno bout blackdevilsupras

6,183 Posts
HKSSupra91 said:
duanes not using 550's and jus a safc.... hes using standalone. and dunno bout blackdevilsupras

That spool is turbo lagg that I am pointing to my friend, not tuneing. Tuning wont copensate for the late spool, and high rpm full boost. Old t04 technology with smaller displacement is my point. Doh Manny can tell ya about the sp63 boost curve, and a higher torque at a much lowerrpm. Adding fuel will most likely keep it the same or add lagg since it is leaned out. And yes the hp may raise but lagg will not go away.:rolleyes: :dunno: :blah: :wtflol:

6,183 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
"2.5 litres of displacement ergo [email protected]! "

Not sure what you said. But a T66 with good tuning is capable of much more than 545rwhp at 27psi on a 2.51jz, or a 3.0 7M.

Still, great numbers!!

It is what it is! He wasn't running rich, and With tuneing maybe a few points more hp maybe; However 500+ [email protected] rpms and 400+ torque high in the rpm range is due to the turbo, and partly the displacement of the engine. Get a turbo calculator and DO the MATH. It is border line a dyno queen turbo for that car. Top end power only, no flame, or disrespect intended. It will only flow top end based on what that map suggest on that car sacraficeing low end power. Is this explicit enough for you or shold I do the turbo v/e and such for ya as well to go any further! Also I never said it wasn't capealbe of higher hp either. Blackdevil made 562 rwhp @ 20.5lbs of boost with vpc and afc! Again Nice numbers great power and get 720 injectors retune and see! :)

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Nice numbers after i go 1jz ill be going single on my turbo see mod list below ;).

· Registered
103 Posts
Nice #'s man. Car sounds sick
Just got a 1jz in my car and I will be going single soon. But what is the recommended turbo tha tmost guys run that can yield those numbers however spool up quicker?

Also where you running stock map on that or JDM supra?
I heard you cant boost much over 15 on stock 1j map is this true?

And if you go with bigger injectors like 720's can you still use the AFC?

Sorry for all the questions :bigthumb:

· ma70-7m=1JZ
2,602 Posts
Good job man :bigthumb: . I hope to be there in a few weeks with my twin GT28R turbo 1JZ set up.

Well it is good to see that 550's are barely enough for 500 rwhp, the A/F ratios seem to still be stable. I will be running 550's too, with 500 rwhp as my goal. I think your fuel pump migh start to run out to at that level.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.