Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had a leak which i thought was from the heater core lines , so i replaced it today: }
so as i was cleaning up, i saw water dripping from my alternator...bummer , so i just stuck a rag in there n wipe it off ..the water continue to run dwn the alternator , sooooo now i think i got to replace the damn water pump!!??
heres the thing , i have my hydro fan{one were the pulley is not connected to the fan } i want to keep the hydro set up...i know i can use a 2jz gt water pump but need to change the pulley ....how can i keep my hydro fan?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
You can only keep your hydrofan if you get a 1jz water pump from a Mk3. Lots of Mk3 guys ditch the hydrofan for a 2jz pump and clutch fan setup, so hit up the parts for sale/wanted section and see if somebody has one. Your other option would be to contact a dealer that can get parts from Japan and get them to order you a Mk3 water pump. I may still have my original 1jz pump with hydrofan provisions, I'll look at the shop tomorrow and let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.