Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
playin catch up
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i cut my speed wire to run my car on the dyno and all was fine all day. last night i took it on 95 to take it past speed cut. it did not feel like it hit speed cut and bogged down it just wouldent go past 120. then my check engine light came on(code 42 speed sensor) then i go off the exit and my car sounded like a wrx or something with huge cams in it and it wont run smooth or drive smoth. it just putters like a wrx or sti or something. car never sounded like this b4 and its watsegate will only spool to like 11-12 psi??? any ideas or sugesstions.

·
tunin' da beast
479 Posts
Sounds like you're not running on all 6.
Could be an ingition problem; coilpacks, sparkplugs, maybe loose wire somewhere between ecu and sparkplugs (there's a separate wire for each cylinder)

To check which cylinder it is, take out the coilpacks one by one, stick something metal in it in stead of the sparkplug and see if it sparks to mass.
Before this, unplug injector plug (the one from the resistor pack) so it won't start up / fill your cylinders with fuel.

·
ihavnoideawutimdoin
257 Posts
mine did the exact same thing. Turns out a wire inside the ignitor was loose. I soldered it back together, and it was right as rain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts