Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer did the swap himself... Were wiring it up. Theres a 12 pin connector left over, because we used the JDM harness, on the ecu side. And that of course is the plug with ECU signal and all of the stuff. Any idea of where that connector is supposed to be?

The car orignally was a 1990 toyota supra turbo.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
check the wiring at the fues block, sounds like the efi wires are messed up..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok we will do that.
Still doesnt help me with the left over plug on the ecu harness?

Its a male 28 pin connector that supposidly, form what im gathering, has all the ECu signal wires and whatnot in it

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
ok we will do that.
Still doesnt help me with the left over plug on the ecu harness?

Its a male 28 pin connector that supposidly, form what im gathering, has all the ECu signal wires and whatnot in it
sounds odd, what color..

look on 1jz-gte.us at the plugs and tell us which one it is.. you shouldn't have any left over..

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
well if your talking about the dark grey, square plug. the supra should have this same plug.

try and take some pics for us to help us clairify your plugs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK first pic is of 3 plugs left over on the drivers side fender well behind the shock tower.

@nd, 3rd, and 4th pic show that the ECu is completely plugged in, but up near the fan and ac/heat vents are there is a left over Grey 28 pin plug. And what weve gathered is that this one has the ecu grounds and all of that in it.

Heres the plug at the fusebox in the engine bay. The guy that owns the car did this for some reason? Im not sure. And also there a leftover plug by that one as well. Heres both plugs.

And the last one is this plug. it comes right by the intake manifold. Maybe a crank position sensor?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
OK first pic is of 3 plugs left over on the drivers side fender well behind the shock tower.
CC plugs, no need, tape up and tuck in fender

@nd, 3rd, and 4th pic show that the ECu is completely plugged in, but up near the fan and ac/heat vents are there is a left over Grey 28 pin plug. And what weve gathered is that this one has the ecu grounds and all of that in it.

looks like IG1
http://www.1jz-gte.us/documents/SubDocs4/IG1-1990.pdf

Heres the plug at the fusebox in the engine bay. The guy that owns the car did this for some reason? Im not sure. And also there a leftover plug by that one as well. Heres both plugs.
youll have to look at the wiring on it
http://www.1jz-gte.us/documents/SubDocs4/EA21989.pdf
For TEms sensor, no need dont worry about it tuck it under the fuse box

And the last one is this plug. it comes right by the intake manifold. Maybe a crank position sensor?

for ac compressor, all you need is the AC Magnetic clutch wire ( its the blue wire...... depending on how its wired might not need the connector..)
also looks like coolant hose isn't clamped under the tb..

HTH

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
OK where does that IG1 plug plug into?
look at the link I posted, it will tell you where the wires plug to.. iirc (cant look at the diagram at work) its split into 2 plugs on the cars dash, just cut the ends off your old 7m harness and wire them into the jza70 harness to plug into the 7m dash plugs

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found the ma71 plug. The kid put it above the ABS box so i couldnt see it. Now i just have to find that b3 plug. I hate working on stuff that kids already messed with

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
the big grey plug by the fuse box might be wired wrong, cause that is the main acc power to the ecu, and efi realy. make sure with the link above you double check the wireing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
still no spark. Anyone know what the wavelengths for the cam and crank sensors should be for this engine?

I guess check those first, then move to the wiring?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts