Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need either one. my 1jz bottom end was scrap . it came with a rod knock . i now need a new bottom end for my supra asap!!! if anybody reads this and can help me out on the cheap then hook me up. 1jz or 2jz bottom end is welcome thanx guys.

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
venus auto . . nothing but problems ...the ecu was blown and so was the #3 rod bearing.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
theneil said:
venus auto . . nothing but problems ...the ecu was blown and so was the #3 rod bearing.
No shit? And they wont do anything for you? Theres a lot of homies that live near Venus.. Send CK out there man.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
theneil said:
i need either one. my 1jz bottom end was scrap . it came with a rod knock . i now need a new bottom end for my supra asap!!! if anybody reads this and can help me out on the cheap then hook me up. 1jz or 2jz bottom end is welcome thanx guys.
dont get a 2jz rotating assembly... its a good way to pop your head and fuck it up hardcore....

if its a 1jz you can use 2jz pistons and rods(pretty sure)... but a definite no on the crank; thats where the stroke difference is...
the 1jz and 2jz blocks are not the same size

if you're looking to go cheap; just pick up a non-vvti 2jz-ge shortblock... you'll need to still drill for for the oil send and return; but thats easy when the block is out of the car...
and you'll need a thicker headgasket (which would need replacing anyway)

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my concern is the deck height of the 1j and 2j..... if they are the same i can swap internals from either one and get this shit taken care of... as for using the 2jz rods on a 1j crank and block ...if the stroke is bigger the rods are usually longer to match...thats where i have the concern about my deck hight clearance.so if the rods are the same length for both ...and the its all in the crank i will be golden.... if anybody knows please let me know ..thanx so much !!

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
they are not the same, please please re-read my post...

the rods are the SAME length... its the crank where the difference is....

deck heights are completely different; trust me, i've seen plenty of pics comparing the two bare blocks

easy enough to go find specs on the pistons and rods as far as true sizes go, etc

·
Registered
140 Posts
Theneil - pm me if you're still looking for a 1jz short block. I've got one that I took the head off of it to use it on my 1.5jz project. Don't know the mileage on it but it seemed to be in decent condition.

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i can get my 1jz crank resurfaced and nitrided for cheap...so now i need to find out wich rods i can use... if 2j rods will work in a 1jz block and on a 1jz crank then ill just get those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts