Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
its all according to your budget, the 1j is alot cheaper to get together than the 1j, but parts availability is better on the 2j, plus the extra .5 liters but they have both been proven to make about the same amount of power... how much are you looking to put down?

· I <3 Jesus
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^
Hmmm I haven't thought of that. I just wanted a FD with pistons lol. Maybe 450-500hp???

But I'm also worry about messing up the FD's 50/50. Whats the weight differences between the two motors?

· Registered
321 Posts
read the 2nd link in my sig.

· supra7
634 Posts
The 1j is a little lighter, cheaper and is rare in the shadow of the mighty 2j. It's a close to the 50/50 you can get out of the 2. What I went with. Also not as tall either but pick the one that best suits you. Can't go wrong with either :)

· Registered
5,095 Posts

· Registered
804 Posts
Aristo 2JZGTE swaps aren't but $600-1000 more than a good 1JZ. If the motor looks like crap, it probably is crap.

The USDM 2JZGTE swaps are quite a bit more $$...but then your stuck with a MAF, but you'd have steel turbines....not even worth it to me.

You can guarantee any 2JZ will make a little more torque, and has more aggressive cam profiles.

The manual tranny is going to cost you either way though.

The 1JZ sounds better though, imo! ;)

Ryan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.