Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Me
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get an overflow tank from a 1jz? I have been looking around like mad but can't find one.

·
Me
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im looking for something smaller than mine to fit my new intercooler. Do i have to worry about the wires going into the bottom of the overflow tank? if I don't than I will just get a random one.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
I didnt even know there were wires for the overflow, woops lol

Id just use any smaller one you can find, or put it somewhere other than above the IC

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
hes planning on getting a aftermarket intercooler... the 935 team ( i believe) did a write up on a installing a 12x3x24 intercooler (or something along those dimensions) and the 1jz overflow fit snug due to it not being as deep as the 7m one and can still go in the same spot... thats where im geussing the 1jz specific question is coming from..

·
Me
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stratoayu said:
hes planning on getting a aftermarket intercooler... the 935 team ( i believe) did a write up on a installing a 12x3x24 intercooler (or something along those dimensions) and the 1jz overflow fit snug due to it not being as deep as the 7m one and can still go in the same spot... thats where im geussing the 1jz specific question is coming from..
yea, thats what im doing. There are wires on the bottom of the 7m overflow, which makes me worry

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
i used the overflow out of my RAV 4 '97 and i have the same size intercooler as you although if u make the right bracket any one would probably work. i also re mounted the stock horns, and made a support to re enforce the hood hinge so that i can close the hood easily. thats all stuff ull need to make a big FMIC work.

~scott

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
my chills next to my IC pipes... cant fit next to my ic :( damn 4" thick..

if you dont hook up the wires its fine, just your low coolant light (bird cage) wont come on..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts