Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that we can use a 2JZ power steering pump, however, I was wondering if we can use 1 off a GS300 2jz. Reason I ask is because there is a $75 difference between that one and a Supra pump from Auto Zone. They have different part numbers, but I know they have been know to have different prices and part numbers just because they are from different makes. Anyone know for sure if it will work?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did yours die?
Yeah, its sounds pretty harsh and doesn't do a thing at idle. Got to rev it up for it to do anything.

The gs300 might have a reisivoir attached to it like the non turbo supra's.
Well, the part number for the turbo and non turbo supras are the same, but the gs300 part number is different.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Yeah, its sounds pretty harsh and doesn't do a thing at idle. Got to rev it up for it to do anything.

Well, the part number for the turbo and non turbo supras are the same, but the gs300 part number is different.
that doesn't sound right

as far as i know all NA 2j's have a resevoir directly attached to the pump

you need turbo 2j pump to work with 1j

· 0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,022 Posts
It doesn't matter. The non turbo 2jz pump is the same pump. I can't vouch personally for the GS300 pump, but the SC300 pump will work on a 1jz.

You will need to get the feed line fitting off of a pump from a turbo engine. Unbolt the 3 bolts holding the reservoir on the 2jz NA pump, pull it off, and bolt in the fitting from the turbo pump in its place.

EDIT: I just looked it up and the GS300 pump is the same as the SC300, so assuming you can get the fitting off another pump it will work.

· Registered
804 Posts
I had to drill out one of the mounting holes in the 2jzTT pump to allow the bolt to go through to mount to the 1JZ bracket.

There's 3 holes in turbo pumps, and I believe the 1JZ and 2JZ both use the middle one, but different side holes to mount. Not sure, but I did have to drill out a hole, because the bolt wouldn't go through one of the holes on the 1jz and the other hole on the 2JZ pump.

I put up pics in my swap thread, link below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.