Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, a friend of mines has a 1jzgte with an r154 manual transmission on it, however he found out that his is using the auto's ecu. He has it already wired and to bypass the park signal and it startsup normal etc.

Now the problem is,even though it can drive like say cruise at 2000rpm, when he goes all out or tries to go all out, at 3300rpm it acts like its hitting a rev limiter or boost cut. He says the boost controller/gauge reads only 5psi the most, sometimes 5-6-7psi, but thats it, at that point it starts the rev limiter kinda thingy but its only at 33-3400 rpm. He said he changed fuel pump, fuel filter, put the turbos back stock, changed the turbos, stock boost etc, good gas, blah blah. He says it has to be an electrical problem or something.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

·
supra love
463 Posts
i'm gonna guess its coils too. tell him to take out the coils and take the blue boots off of them and check really close for small cracks. this is definately a common problem. i believe they can be fixed by just coating the cracks in epoxy too, just do a search.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^i doubt, i rev my car on neutral, park, and drive to 6800. But i'd still let him recheck that wiring to see if it was wired to make it think its on neutral all the time(this should be correct am i right?)

Also the coils, you mean the coilpacks right? I remember mines, one of the coilpack wire was kinda ripped a bit and was at times misfiring. Would the coils, if cracked missfire or cause the problem he has?

His car starts perfectly normal, drives normal once under 3000rpm through all gears, its just when it hits 32-33-3400rpms it just does'nt go no more. No matter what, wont go no more.

He so far has changed, spark plugs, map sensor, put an aeromotive fuel pump, change the fuel filters, put the turbos back to stock boost, CHANGING the wastegates with original stock ones incase its stuck closed or something and thats about it.

I'll let him try my coilpacks to see if thats the problem.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts