Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SC3 dynos 310whp. So i raced my friends honda s/c s2k that dynos 346whp.

We did a highway roll from 45 to 120 and i won by 2 lenghts. How is that possible we are all baffled?

He runs mid/high 12's @ 110mph.

Also on stock boost @ 270hp i beat another 1JZ SC that runs 13.3 @ 108.

:wtflol:

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
maybe youre just that much better at driving... :dunno:

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to know whats done to it that the dyno wont show. No one around here can figure out why its fast but the dyno says it shouldnt be.

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
maybe the dyno wasnt setup correctly? the s2k is a very peaky engine too, and the supercharged ones are still just as bad. your midrange torque advantage probably made that possible, but thats a much lighter car too. maybe they really just cant drive.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
depends how fast you build that power?

(OK LOL THAT WAS SOMEHTHING DUMB TO SAY)

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
Doesnt make much sense to me, seems like anything HP wise would be measured by the dyno, and it couldn't be because your car is somehow lighter, because you can load your car down and it won't affect your dyno numbers. Maybe you just got lucky :freak:

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Um peak dyno horsepower numbers are just that. PEAK DYNO HORSEPOWER NUMBERS. Doesn't include weight, aerodynamics, power curve, or torque (Well sort of torque, but not exactly :))

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Heres some dyno charts. My 1JZ SC 303hp, agenst my friends 12sec SRT4 287hp

Below is MPH in 1:1 gear. From a roll race @ 50mph i start in 2nd gear, @ 5k rpms so basically im in full power at 5k all the way to shift at 7k. No wonder my lower HP car wins races.. my curve is better at race RPMs from rolls. That SRT4 will never see its peak torque past launch from a stop, racing on a highway he's at a very big disadvantage.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've seen a few high HP hondas and they don't seem to make all that much torque. That may be one of the factors.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol notice that little loop in my chart.. bent fin in the torque converter :)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
300 hp from 5k-6700...

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tissimo said:
300 hp from 5k-6700...
yeah we figured it out comparing my dyno chart to other 1jz's without cam degree settings. Totally different power/torque curve. More useable power where it counts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
yeah we figured it out comparing my dyno chart to other 1jz's without cam degree settings. Totally different power/torque curve. More useable power where it counts.

and that, my friend, is why you can beat a s/c`ed s2k!

the f20c makes its power from 5500-9k. 340whp is at 9k. your friends dyno chart will just look like an exagerated stock f20c chart. if i cared to look for one, youd see what i mean. your 1jz has more "area under the curve" than this particular f20c. what that means is, as 1jz-cressida pointed out, your engine builds horsepower faster. as you can see in your dyno chart, you are making 300ish whp from 5250rpm-ish all the way to 6750rpm-ish. the s2k is probably making 300-340whp from 7500ish-9k...maybe even from 8k...

my guess is that your buddies SRT is faster than your sup, even though hes down on you by 16whp, his torque owns the crap out of you.

horsepower sells cars, torque wins races :p

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We actually never raced yet (srt agenst me). Unfortunatly 1JZ's don't make high torque, but we can more then enough make up for it with a huge power band :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
torque is over rated. all it does is create traction problems with big hp cars :) I thikn the 1jz has a really nice powerband.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well good kills anyways.But it has to be that you are makin power before him and holding it.

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
ok, enough bench racing/dyno racing... let's see time slips and some videos...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts