Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so 2 weeks ago i was cruisin home from work doin like 65 ...in traffic. i here the rod startin to knock. anyhow i tore the engine apart and the #3 rod bearing had evaporated . i pulled everything elese out of the motor and got out the calipers. all other rod journals and rods measure the same and seem flawless. the crank mains are all perfect as well. the #3 on the other hand is about .020 worn smaller.. all the rods are perfect except #3 is oblong in shape. ( 55mmx56mm ) all others are 55x55. anyhow im looking for advice. should replace the crank and rods as wqell as rebuild everything else or should i just get a new motor to swap in ? im worried it might happen again. i would definatly get my next motor from a diferrent supplier . this motor has been a problem child from the start. dont ever buy from venus. i got it last year in february.

·
Registered
288 Posts
theneil said:
so 2 weeks ago i was cruisin home from work doin like 65 ...in traffic. i here the rod startin to knock. anyhow i tore the engine apart and the #3 rod bearing had evaporated . i pulled everything elese out of the motor and got out the calipers. all other rod journals and rods measure the same and seem flawless. the crank mains are all perfect as well. the #3 on the other hand is about .020 worn smaller.. all the rods are perfect except #3 is oblong in shape. ( 55mmx56mm ) all others are 55x55. anyhow im looking for advice. should replace the crank and rods as wqell as rebuild everything else or should i just get a new motor to swap in ? im worried it might happen again. i would definatly get my next motor from a diferrent supplier . this motor has been a problem child from the start. dont ever buy from venus. i got it last year in february.
You may want to find someone who has done a 1.5JZ and see if they have the longblock. I think someone on the forum was selling one. Probably going to be your best bet. The crank is unique I believe and will hard to find.
I thought MadMaxx had one, you may try him. He is in SC though.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
just grab a jdm 2jz real quick

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its still broken & my g/f is pissed @ me about it. . . hahaha (its the truth).

I would like to find a 2j block, but either will work, let me know if you guys find anything! thanks!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Venus sucks, and i'm sorry. Mine has been a problem since the very first day I got it too. I rebuilt mine completly with built internals when I found the compression to be zero on 2 of the pistons and the rod bearings were shot to pieces. If I could have sued, I would have.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
theneil said:
its still broken & my g/f is pissed @ me about it. . . hahaha (its the truth).

I would like to find a 2j block, but either will work, let me know if you guys find anything! thanks!

smack your chick in the mouth unless shes footin the bill.

·
1jz destroyer
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahahahaah .....shes just keepin me on top of the bills.. but i get ya. i need this thing runnin again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts