Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good afternoon supraforums peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeple,(fuck zumtizzle), i was wondering if
anyone knew where to get a oil filter sandwich adapter for the 1jz,, and also if anyone
knos where zumtizzle is please let me kno he still owes me 30$ outstanding for the dope
i mailed him last month.. Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
You can run the 2jz adapter n/a or turbo just have to change a couple of things like the coolant line by pass or block off. Then just run an after market cooler.

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
what is this?

·
Registered
358 Posts
no real question

just had to add shit

and y would their be coolant lines on oil filter adapter?
Stock 1jz the oil cooler is the sandwich and has coolant flowing through it. There fore to run an after market cooler you would have to block them off or reroute them.

·
1,257 Posts
1JZs didn't have an actual oil cooler, the oil was "cooled" by the coolant passing through it.

I was thinking of running a sandwich plate off of the stock oil filter housing.
Has anyone done it this way? No re-routing of coolant lines, etc.

Sam

·
Registered
358 Posts
1JZs didn't have an actual oil cooler, the oil was "cooled" by the coolant passing through it.

I was thinking of running a sandwich plate off of the stock oil filter housing.
Has anyone done it this way? No re-routing of coolant lines, etc.

Sam
Is cooled by the coolant... Hmm sounds like an oil cooler to me do you think it has a purpose other than cooling the oil? Why would u run a cooler on top of the stock cooler just get a na adapter and take the plugs out and run lines to a cooler.
Sorry, juts seem a little pointless to still run the stock sandwich/cooler w another cooler. I just used a Mr gasket kit and eliminated it all.

·
1,257 Posts
Is cooled by the coolant... Hmm sounds like an oil cooler to me do you think it has a purpose other than cooling the oil? Why would u run a cooler on top of the stock cooler just get a na adapter and take the plugs out and run lines to a cooler.
Sorry, juts seem a little pointless to still run the stock sandwich/cooler w another cooler. I just used a Mr gasket kit and eliminated it all.
Did you even read my post?

Thanks for repeating exactly what I said, and then flame me for it?

Coool

Why wouldnt you run a actual...
OIL COOLER:

...on top of the stock system? Doesnt seem like a bad route to go to me.

Has anyone done it this way?

How'd you're Mr. Gasket job go?

Sam

·
Registered
358 Posts
Did you even read my post?

Thanks for repeating exactly what I said, and then flame me for it?

Coool

Why wouldnt you run a actual...
OIL COOLER:

...on top of the stock system? Doesnt seem like a bad route to go to me.

Has anyone done it this way?

How'd you're Mr. Gasket job go?

Sam
It worked great but again you have to eliminate it all. It goes directly to the block. So no coolant lines or adapters. You just put the cooler in line with a re locator.
Dude I'm just sayin I personally(not flaming you) think it is a little point less to run both a stock cooler and a after market. Sorry Btw the stock cooler is notorious for not working very well, I would just get rid of it.

·
1,257 Posts
Interesting.
Do you have any pics or other info on your set up?
Thermo stat, size of lines, what cooler, etc?

Sounds similar to a 7M filter re-location..

Sam

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
Turbo_Supra_Fast, Please End yourself.
IBTL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts