Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting a 1j in my s14, i bought the turbo 1j tranny from JWcatto and i need a shifter for it... I have the top plate, i just need the shifter and whatever else is required to hold it into the top plate.... Secondly does a 7m shifter work in this tranny ? I want a stock one if possible because i have to modify it for the car

Thanks,
Shaun

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Yes man.. a stock 87-92 shifter will work just fine. :)

I highly recommend finding a C's Short Throw shifter though, much much better than stock :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MattOneDime said:
Yes man.. a stock 87-92 shifter will work just fine. :)

I highly recommend finding a C's Short Throw shifter though, much much better than stock :)

i dont like the c's, i like the stock one a lot more, a stock non cut one though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was a lot harder to get into the right gear, and felt way to notchy for me. but i got used to the stock one and i like it. i guess if i had more seat time with the c's i could appreciate it more, but it wasnt in my car

·
Registered
383 Posts
NeverNZ said:
it was a lot harder to get into the right gear, and felt way to notchy for me. but i got used to the stock one and i like it. i guess if i had more seat time with the c's i could appreciate it more, but it wasnt in my car
I've heard the same thing.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
dont hate on my shifter scott!! :p

with the C's i never miss a gear...the fact that its notchy and kinda stiff to put into gears, u get used to it quick..i just love the fact that its stock height yet the throw is short :cool:

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
hehe.. I guess its all a matter of opinion. But when it comes to fast driving, be it drag racing or autoX driving, I prefer the notchyness.. With the C's you know what gear you are in and you are assured you are IN GEAR since there is practically no slop feedback on the shifter. With the stock unit I find myself scratching gears too often as my clutch foot is sometimes faster then my shift hand. lol

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
I got to drive a car with a C's the other day. I liked it. didn't find it THAT notchy at all and i didnt have any issue finding the gears. and they're so close together.:bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts