Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Huh?
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago I turned into a lot and my car shut off. Its a 86.5 sup w/ 92 1jz. When I checked the codes I got 14 & 21 which I believe is igniter and oxy sensor. I thought it could have been my fuel pump cause it was the na one so I put in my walbro and new filter. I cleared the codes and it would start and idle fine for a few seconds then sputter and die. After that it just turns over and tries to start but nothing. Checked the codes now and just a 14. Figure no 21 cause it cant run long enough to get warm. Then I took it to a toyota service dept and they happend to have a 94 tt there so they said they put my igniter in it and it ran so my igniter should be fine. Other than that they were no help, they said they cant hanlde it cause its "aftermarket toyota" not straight up toyota. :wtflol:
Next I checked the plugs by pullin the coils 2 at a time along w/ the plugs and got great spark from all 6 plugs. Sorry if this is long but I want to see if anyone has had this problem and if they have any ideas. Thanks.

·
Huh?
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thats easy to say. I dont wanna shell out hundreds for a ecu and then find out thats not the problem. And I know of anyone in the area that has a 1jz that would let me test their ecu in mine. Im new to this forum so I still dont know where many 1jz owners are located. I was a member but that place is no help at all. I figure im down to cam sensors, crank sensor, oxy sensor, loose ground or ecu. Im not that good with electrical so I can only look into that when my pops is around.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Check your ignitor connection. I don't mean just look at the wires integrity. Check the connector and make sure all of the wires are secure and not loose or wiggling around in the connector. I had a very similar situation to yours that took me a while to track down. If all of the connections are good and the connections are secure trace those wires to the ecu and check for continuity. Also check the ground for the ignitor make sure it is good. You can find your problem, don't give up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts