Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1JZ Single install guide? (Guide how to boost high?)

Hello,

Is there a guide on how to get a single kit working on a 1JZ on its full potential, meaning fuelsystem + electronics. What are all you need to get to work. 2JZ-pressure sensor, 550cc MKIV injectors, S-AFC etc etc..?

I'm looking for a guide to get about 500rwhp and the electronics are something that confuses me a bit on the 1JZ, what do you need to get it to work?

Krister

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumppp,

I'm mainly interested what is needed to run high boost(ie 20psi+) electronic vise on the 1JZ with a singleturbo.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Krister said:
Bumppp,

I'm mainly interested what is needed to run high boost(ie 20psi+) electronic vise on the 1JZ with a singleturbo.
Well I have run 19psi on my set up with out a problem. Going for 23psi on race gas in the next few weeks.

Jeremy

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
people have been using US mkiv 550's with 7m resistor wired in(probably your best bet).the jdm mkiv 440's are being used with jdm mkiv map sensor(its still up in the air as to if you need the map sensor form past topics)it would be nice to have a sticky with a path to take and its results.ckanderson's car is probably almost done.keep your eye's out for his threads,might give you some ideas.hams is also doing a single and puts alot of info out there for us
keith

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would also like to know a path and options where to go when going single. I'm considering in buying a 1JZ JDM Supra but the stock twins arent going to cut it so singleturbo would be the only option. A nice guide what to change and how to do it when going single would be a nice one :)

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Krister said:
I would also like to know a path and options where to go when going single. I'm considering in buying a 1JZ JDM Supra but the stock twins arent going to cut it so singleturbo would be the only option. A nice guide what to change and how to do it when going single would be a nice one :)
Ok when I did mine I first did all the tune up stuff including a compretion test. I then went about sizing the turbo for what I wanted to use it for. After that I upgraded the intercooler, exhaust, clutch, injectors(JDM 440cc at first then the 550cc), fuel pump, spark plugs and Apex-i S-AFC as well as few other small things. After that I set about making the manifold for the turbo and all the other parts i.e. down pipe, w/g and dump tube, inlet pipe and turbo. Then I went out and tuned it all on low boost. :yum:

Next step is putting in a better clutch and tuning it for race gas and 23-24psi.

Jeremy

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
Problem is, the JDM Supra MAP sensor still limits you to 1.3bar

If I'm doing the math right, you should be able to drop in the usdm 2jz-gte injectors with the resistor pack and use the JDM map sensor, and be ALMOST correct... will still need to be leaned out a bit... but 550s give you A LOT more headroom to mess with

trouble as i said, is still being limited to 1.3bar

Possible maybe, to use a emanage with its auxillary pressure sensor to tune the fuel above 1.3bar?

My current dream is a T61 .70a/r, 550s and map sensor :)
should make some nasty power and offer pretty decent spool

anyone run a 60mm turbo and been happy with the results? :)

18psi on a T61 should make near 500whp right? :gaysex:

·
Registered
202 Posts
bean_8044 said:
Maybe he's talking about the company that makes the aftermarket ECU called Map ECU

Yeah, its great when someone trying to flame is the n00b.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
nope you were the flamer, and Krister was the flamee ;) hehe

question still stands

anyone got an idea to get above 1.3bar on stock electronics? (for the most part anyway)

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Bean said:
nope you were the flamer, and Krister was the flamee ;) hehe

question still stands

anyone got an idea to get above 1.3bar on stock electronics? (for the most part anyway)
I have had mine to 1.4bar with a BCC and a JDM 2jz MAP with a S-AFC with the 550cc inj I'm running out of fuel in the top end.

Jeremy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts