Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well almost on first crank. I had two issues, niether from my work.

First off it would not crank. Confident in my wiring( checked over it a bunch of times) I went to check everything I did not do. First thing I check was it, clutch switch was unplugged. Fixed that and it worked.

From there I cranked it with starter fluid only (no gas tank in it, waiting on a part to install the tank) It fired right away and died in about 3 sec when the starter fluid was out. GREAT START!!

I installed the tank and went to start it. The last person to have the car had cut the plug off the fuel pump. So I put a new connector on it and went to cranking. Well No go. would not start. The fuel pump was not coming on. I went to go check it and it appeared to be wired fine. Then it hit me. When I had installed a stand alone EMS on the car two years ago we removed the fuel pump relay. The plug was cut of so I had to hard wire it for a min. Ran 12 V and BAM!!! It started. It idled perfect and reved. I am so damn happy. Now I have a bunch more little work left on it . I should be driving it in a week.

THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!!! I could not of done it that easily without this place and the people on it....

Danny

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
congrates! welcome to the world of the 1jz ;).

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Good for you, hard work does pay off sometimes, Wait until you get to drive it on full boost :)

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wiring diagrams were pretty good except for one thing. None of them listed wires that were not being used. I had a lot of wires unused that I just capped off. Kind had me worried that something was not listed.

This car is for a customer (good friend of mine) He was real happy to get the call. I am delivering the car to him in a little less than 3 weeks. He is in Little Rock and I am in New Orleans. I will enjoy that drive.. Once it is done work starts on my SC300. I have a Full BPU+++ Swap going into the lexus...

Later

Danny

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
i had that feeling about a week ago... after the car was all wired up. turned the key and fired right up. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts