Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the mod list, I kid you not :)
the car has stock ecu, 440cc injectors, FCD, GT35/40 4" dump into a 3 1/2' exhaust, walbro pump, SX fuel pressure reg running 60psi base pressure!! And thats about it.

It hits rev limiter up top. This is on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode so add some more if you were to compare to dynojet :)

This car defies logic to me.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Congrats. Interesting dyno graph with the spike close to the end, dropping then coming back. Be caeful on your a/f's as they are very lean on the big end.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
Nice work , Is'nt that maxing out the 440's , I thought I read somewhere along the line that 440's are only good for 400 and some change .
How many lbs of boost ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it isn't my car, it is a guy I know.

Yeah, the A/F is on the limit for sure.

The 440's theoretically shouldn't be pushing this much power and that is why the AF is low up top. He also has made 360rwkw on stock injectors.

The spike is where it hits rev limiter

·
Registered
54 Posts
How the hell did you make that much power with 440cc injectors, i am try to get that power with 550cc injectors and i thourt i was pushing it.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
Simple.. you guys are forgetting 60 BASE Pressure I'm guessing he was running 25 ish PSI so 60 + 25 = 75 PSI of fuel pressure spraying though them poor injectors.

But if you watch I bet it detonated and the knock sensor picked it up at 545 then drops off to 420 because timing was pulled and such. As it catches its breath again and then as it bulids power gets progressivly leaner, until he hits redline.

I'm sure thats what happend here, but it's really only speculation since i wasn't there.

Eaither way very dangerous, if he ran that on the street like that ONCE he'd blow his engine that i'm sure of. but nice numbers none the less..

Tell this guy to spend 400 or what ever to get proper size injectors already.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dip in the curve at the end is where it hits rev limiter.

The owner had his head right on the engine listening for pinging and couldn't hear any. That's not to say that there wasn't any, but not enough to be audible.

That is on 28.6psi.

Made 331rwkw on low boost, can't remember what that was though.

The car is daily driven :p

I would have thought it would have blown up by now as well but it just hasn't? Obviously running it in this state of tune is not the best for longevity but this guy has 4 spare engines anyway.

I have a vid of the dyno run if anyone wants it?

BTW isn't 60 +25 = 85?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
i read somewhere on RC Eng. website that increasing the base pressure only increases the flow of an injector very marginally. we are talking a few %. i could be wrong though, i'll have to 2x check.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't remember the exact figures, but when I was doing some calcs, going from 40 to 45psi base made 13% increase. Not heaps but he is running 20psi more than standard IIRC.

·
12,275 Posts
sorry your right 85 ;)
Learn me to add.. lol

Anyways, when my base was 50 PSI on my walbro on 550's I had to remove 20-28 % signal from my system to keep from being rich when I did 445 to the wheels.

Anyways, still I'll put money down that he'll blow his engine if he runs it exactly how it dynoed on the street.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Well if he has 3 other 1J's around then blow that bitch up.. Lets see how far it will go.. somebody get his guy some 850cc injectors..

Josh

·
12,275 Posts
Oh another thing hes only spiked 540 whp the rest is a bulid up from 420 to 490... it must get lean near redline.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
damn, 550s that hard to come by over tehre.. that is crazy..

good numbers though

·
Registered
923 Posts
who cares if it blows pu, nice numbers :) I say a little det wont kill the engine, but a lot will definately blow it up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts