Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the stock twins shouldn't be take past 14 psi because they are ceramics. Is this true, and if so how much power will a slightly modded 1JZ make with the stock twins at 14 psi?

·
Registered
582 Posts
i think the answer to your question is yes
the only problem is finding an upgrade for it.

try searching on the JZA70 yahoo group.
there is a link to it at the top of the page on
http://www.jza70.com

Danny

·
Registered
562 Posts
it will cost ya $5k to upgrade to metal wheels and the only place that does it is in Austrailia...at least that is what a guy from the U.K. says

·
Registered
562 Posts
just given the info I know...and that still aint cheap. You didnt include shipping from these shores to yours. St least $1600 for the rebuild plus shipping from here to there and you are still talking $2000 plus (us dollars). I can go single for that much.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Would there be any way to take the stock units out of an MK4 and put them on the 1JZ? Because I believe they are steel wheeled...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure if they would fit, but I think you would have to do firewall modifications to make them fit like you have to do in a 2jz swap if you want to use the stock twins.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does anyone know the exterior dimensions of the C12B in comparison with the C12A? Because I would think the only difference would be in the wheels.
So if you bolted the C12B from the MKIV onto the 1JZ exhaust manifold, I would think it would fit without modification...that is unless the C12B's have substantially larger dimensions then the C12A.

H

·
0 Posts
MightyAl said:
it will cost ya $5k to upgrade to metal wheels and the only place that does it is in Austrailia...at least that is what a guy from the U.K. says
nah i never said that... i said it cost me about £1700 (about $3000USD) for enlarged hybrids with a lot more done to them than just steels. But that is with UK tax which of course overseas customers wouldnt have to pay so prob nearer $2600 mark. There is a company in the UK and one in aus who will do it... i think both are based around the same build.

Of course once you add shipping, US tax etc i'd guess it'd be approaching $3400 usd.

·
Registered
562 Posts
wow better then $5k...I am not sure where i got that number then...maybe someone in the other thread said $5k and it stuck in my head. Still aint cheap, but my stockers have been surviving in excess of 14 pounds of boost for quite awhile.

p.s. i love it when they say bollocks...teeheehee

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I wonder if Performance Techniques could do anything about installing new wheels in the turbo. I'm sure they could work up something to fit in there. It would be worth a shot to give them a call and see...

- Hams.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts