Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.penguinhosting.net/~mk3/1jzfirststart.wmv

After repeated attempts at starting it, I called Ti up and of course I was dumb enough to forget the first step of troubleshooting "Check for codes".

Bah, code 14, Ignitor wasnt pluged in all the way.

All said and done, fires up perfectly, idles smooth as silk, sounds great, no smoke or anything, no codes (I was fearing a knock sensor code and entire time).

Set was from Jhot, and has a Trust 3inch Open DP on in the vid.

Thanks goes out to:
Ti (Poi_Dog)
JHot
Driftmotion
BICPerformance
And everyone that helped me with my Dumbass questions on this Forum.

Another A70/1JZ swap up and running ohnoes:

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Congrats man! Sounds sweet, enjoy it! aight peace :chicken:

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
congrats man! sounds badass!
just watched it again...thats my Apillar pod! did u ever get that edge piece taken care of?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Sounds great man. Good job getting the car back up and running again. Only one thing left to do is to go single.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahmedootie said:
congrats man! sounds badass!
just watched it again...thats my Apillar pod! did u ever get that edge piece taken care of?
Ya thats your pod, and nah, it's still got the broken piece, I decided to stick with it though for the time being. I painted it Grey also, it matches the interior almost perfectly.

And I have No plans on going Single, I think the Twins should be just fine for me for now, but I really have no intention on making the Valve cover lie :bigthumb:

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
How much did your front clip cost? And how much did it cost you total for everything? I've been considering doing a 1j swap.

-Matt

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a Motor Set from Jhot. Cost was $2,160 shipped.

With Misc parts bought, including stuff missing from the Motorset and replacing stuff I broke along the way, roughly $3,600.

Everyone tells me it seems kinda pricey, but I dont care, it's well worth it.
Also, took me since december to get to this point, I work a fulltime job.

I still have stuff to buy to get it to the point I want it at, I'll proboly be another $1,000 or so deeper into it before I'm completley happy.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
GotToyota? said:
How much did your front clip cost? And how much did it cost you total for everything? I've been considering doing a 1j swap.

-Matt

I thought there wasn't enough torque for you.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Check your oil pressure gauge.

Otherwise, sound awesome. I want one...

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
congrats on the swap.i was worried about you with some of the questions you where posting.a motorset is a little harder though.when you get a clip everything is still hooked up and everything can be marked and documented with pic's.enjoy it and hopefully it stay's code free

·
Registered
345 Posts
sounds great,not too bad for a first timer.it didn't look like there was any type of cooling fans on there (just a reminder).......have fun with it

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
how are u gonna remedy that non working tach?

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Congrats.

He was N/A , so he probably hasn't swapped in the turbo tach yet.

Also I am betting that since his 1J is relatively stock, he did not add a oil pressure sensor, so the oil pressure will not be reading.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tsuper92 said:
congrats on the swap.i was worried about you with some of the questions you where posting.a motorset is a little harder though.when you get a clip everything is still hooked up and everything can be marked and documented with pic's.enjoy it and hopefully it stay's code free
Hahaha, ya, I had some stupid questions out their. A lot of things I knew but asked anyway just in case.

Right you are SlimFastSupra, NA tach still installed, reason for it not working.

Flex-A-Lite 210's arrive on Monday for it.

The Oil pressure gauge does not work on the car, I dont know if it's the Gauge itself or the old 7M sender that didnt work, but the last owner ran it low on oil because of this and got Rod Knock.... :dumbass: Lucky me

I have my new $20 Lexus bolt and gaskets and such, a Auto Meter gauge will be installed soon, and I'll test the gauge on the cluster to see if it works or not, if it does then I'll get it hooked up also, just so it dosnt look like something is broken.

Oh and the Air Filter setup is Temp untill I can buy the stock airbox and pipes. I'm in Cali, so for the time being I wanna keep it as stock looking as possible under the hood.

Oh ya, and thats a Ford Power Sterring Resivoir, proboly out of a Focus or something :hsugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts