Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after alot of long hours of hard work, we finally finished it. Sorry bout the quality of the pics!

Theres still alot to do. We're gonna put wireloom around the harness, and the covers back on. its so nice to be able to drive the car again!

·
Addicted to Boost
336 Posts
mad props to u bro....hopefully i can see it in person heer soon.....

jason

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
What's with the AFM... :stickpoke

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Bucsfanatic59 said:
Well after alot of long hours of hard work, we finally finished it. Sorry bout the quality of the pics!

Theres still alot to do. We're gonna put wireloom around the harness, and the covers back on. its so nice to be able to drive the car again!
There is nothing to be sorry about after accomplishing what you set out to do man. Looks good. and awesome install.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
lol I just saw that too...
Who needs a map? AFM 4tw!

But for real, I didn't wanna put the hks filter on, and I didn't have an adapter for the Apexi, so we used the afm for now to get it running and such. It will be gone soon!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
lol, i was like wtf as well when i saw the AFM haha.

anyway nice to see you got it done. Looks good.

-ian

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
:lol: @ afm.. i figured it was for the filter..

Nice! you paint the sotck pipes? they look good.. i want to polish my intake mani and what not ,but too lazy and too cheap to have it done! looks good!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tissimo said:
:lol: @ afm.. i figured it was for the filter..

Nice! you paint the sotck pipes? they look good.. i want to polish my intake mani and what not ,but too lazy and too cheap to have it done! looks good!
They are powdercoated. The afm is hilarious, but it works for now! Thanks for all the comments, still alot of work to get done before the meet!

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Bucsfanatic59 said:
They are powdercoated. The afm is hilarious, but it works for now! Thanks for all the comments, still alot of work to get done before the meet!
ahh cool, Yea! get those 2jz cams in.. then 16 psi.. you can take my dyno spot if you want :) i dunno if i'll have the money..

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
actually I once saw in Tampa, a Lexus GS300 with a 1JZ swap, and the guy left the MAF sensor in. (saw it on ebay). I asked him about it, why it was there. His reply was that he left the there because he kept the factory A340 tranny, and the MAF was required for it to shift properly because he had to use the 2JZ ecu for the tranny, and it wouldn't shift right without seeing the MAF signal.

He must have not had an A/T 1JZ ecu I guess... cuz as far as I know the 1JZ a/t ecu will control the USDM tranny.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
awesome brad, cant wait to see it

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Bucsfanatic59 said:
I will, just need to find an adapter for the apexi.
A ghetto way, just buy a intake for a supra turbo off ebay, should have a 3" pipe and the afm flange, will bolt up..

·
Registered
41 Posts
KingCobra said:
actually I once saw in Tampa, a Lexus GS300 with a 1JZ swap, and the guy left the MAF sensor in. (saw it on ebay). I asked him about it, why it was there. His reply was that he left the there because he kept the factory A340 tranny, and the MAF was required for it to shift properly because he had to use the 2JZ ecu for the tranny, and it wouldn't shift right without seeing the MAF signal.

He must have not had an A/T 1JZ ecu I guess... cuz as far as I know the 1JZ a/t ecu will control the USDM tranny.
I own that GS now. Can anyone confirm that the 1jz AT ECU will shift the usdm trans? It shifts quite nicely, but it does lack things like the timing retard at shift, etc., and I have to have the AFM. The guy who put it together is very good with 1jz's, but mainly manuals. I'm going to go single soon, and probably a BL auto. I was also thinking of SupraShift, to get rid of the afm. I think I am also getting around speed cut, by not having a speed signal going in to the 1jz ecu, though.

Toby

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
That sounds so weird to me... a 1J NEEDING an AFM for any reason since it's a MAP sensored system.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
That sounds so weird to me... a 1J NEEDING an AFM for any reason since it's a MAP sensored system.
the 1jz doesn't need the afm the stock ECU running the auto tranny needs the afm

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
which auto tranny... not the 1J one right? did i miss something. is the car using a different tranny that wasnt from the original engine?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts