Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Toyota Street Pilot
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I must admit . This is the easiest swap I have ever done. In 1997 I was the first to do sr20det swap on the East coast and found out the hard way what to do and NOT to do. Well with this swap no body mods are required to install engine and stock intercooler piping. All the holes are there and bolt holes tapped. I started removing stocker at 5pm and finished completely installing 1jz 5 hrs later. I didnt even have to remove hood !!!
After I was done I must have looked over the car 5 times thinking this was too easy I must have missed something. but it was all right. from the heater lines to the power steering nothing was an issue. Im surprised more of these aren't on the streets for the simplisity and cost. I got this engine complete from www.jhotexports.com for $1200 . The wiring harness does need to be made 18" longer to allow the ecu to rest in its place. I have not gotten to the wiring inside yet but the outside plugs color match and plug right in. as soon as I get the throttle cable and ecu Ill let you guys know how it goes.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
thats pretty awesome dude. more pics =D

and theyre arent more on the rude because of the "why do 1JZ when you can do 2JZ attitude :eek:"

·
Registered
416 Posts
Very nice. For the most part putting a 1JZ into anything that already had a JZ engine is a pretty straightforward affair. Sometimes there are clearance issues with the turbos, otherwise its very straight forward. Your car looks great, it is finally as it should have been from the factory in this country.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
2.5TSoarer said:

I used the soarer auto tranny assuming its stronger than stock sc 300 although they looked the same from the outside.
wow =O that's pimp :eek3:

-Joe :run:

·
Registered
280 Posts
No, not on plate patrol. No need to get defensive either. That is unless you realize that you have the wrong JDM plate on your car.

·
Toyota Street Pilot
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bean_8044 said:
No, not on plate patrol. No need to get defensive either. That is unless you realize that you have the wrong JDM plate on your car.
Im not being defensive, but your asking as if its on a Ford or Chevy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, Okinawa is Nissan country. Very few performance toyotas besides Chasers/Tourers, Corollas and the odd ball Supra. Then you also have the official seal on the plate which i thought you couldnt remove. I never messed with mine, so i dont know. You should have a 3-series plate also. 5-series are reserved for small passenger cars 660cc-2000cc. I thought about getting rid of the Y-plate, but it almost doubles the costs for road tax, JCI, and whatever other tax the government comes up with.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
2.5TSoarer said:
Well, I must admit . This is the easiest swap I have ever done.[/IMG]
I thought you still had the wireing to do? Thats normally the most complicated stuff for the mkiii's

Either way your car is beautiful. I cannot wait to see it out:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts