Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Impractical
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In midst of a 1JZ swap into my 88T. I'm going to install a JZA70 R154 from a Turbo R and its 4.10 Torsen diff.

Will my stock 7M speedometer still read accurately if I hook everything up?

Thanks

Matt

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
as far as i know it should....however im assuming that from the fact that 1jz speedo cable will work on a 7m car......hopefully someone can chime in for sure...... :dunno:

X

·
0 Posts
isnt the diff in the mk3 lower ratio that the 4.10 suprafluous mentioned? wouldnt that effect the accuracy a bit?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
oh yeah i didnt even notice that hehe.... i think the Nas were 4.10...dont know for sure but the turbos were 3.78 or something like that.....

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
It should still be accurate as the speedo cable gear on the trans is what compensates for the diff ratio. The R154 from the clip will have a gear matched to the 4.10.

·
Impractical
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
51Cards said:
It should still be accurate as the speedo cable gear on the trans is what compensates for the diff ratio. The R154 from the clip will have a gear matched to the 4.10.
Thanks Steve. That's what I thought. They had the option to change either the gearing in the speedo itself, or the drive gear in the tranny, and I imagine it would have been easier to do the tranny.

Matt

T

·
0 Posts
IdealSupra said:
oh yeah i didnt even notice that hehe.... i think the Nas were 4.10...dont know for sure but the turbos were 3.78 or something like that.....
and turbo models are 3.73's

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I don't know :p, but you corrected him for saying 3.78, and he may have meant 3.91... I don't recall him mentioning a year :p LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts