Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've ordered all the parts I need for my turbo swap, except for fuel management. I've got a greddy t67 25g, 255 walbro in tank fuel pump, 680cc injectors, and my power goals are 550 whp. What should I use for fuel management, ( I'm kinda on a budget). Greddy emanage, afc neo? I've also heard about the stinger end from dm. My budget is up to a grand and preferably under 500.

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might need to change my power goals I guess. I've currently got about 1500 to spend and I have to get a wastegate,(prob gonna go with the driftmotion replica) and a catback exhaust as well as an ecu. Would it be possible to get an emanage or similar for tuning? Or is that out of the question?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Your factory injectors are only 370cc, so you need quite a bit of correction to drive 680's. This limits you to a piggyback that can drive the injectors directly, or a full standalone. Read up on the AEM FIC. It's an affordable piggyback that drives the injectors directly. You will have to do some rewiring to drive the injectors, so it's not as simple as just installing an AFC, but the added flexibility is worth it. I've known a couple of people with Stingers and they weren't pleased with the results, not to mention tuning a piggyback is a little less intimidating. I do know there are a few people running the FIC on a 1j with good results, I'll probably be joining them in the next couple of months as I need a little more flexibility and would like slightly larger injectors.

·
Poopra owner
565 Posts
I am a person with a stinger, and I'm pleased with the results. It's plug and play, easy to tune, well worth the price. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it can still run a 2 step, antilag, etc. Overall, I have no complaints with it. I'm not going to say what I have or haven't heard about piggyback systems, because I haven't owned one personally. At any rate, If you get the stinger, you can still sell your factory ecu to offset the cost, and still have a good bit of money left over for exhaust, wg, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts