Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided on going the 1J route and ditching the 7M when I get my bonus check in the fall. I have a place to do the swap, but are there any shops or fabricators that do upgrades on the 12a's that come with the 1J? I have heard mention of putting the MKIV 12b's, mitsu turbos, or the EVO turbos on. Anyone in the state that actually does the installs/fabrication required? Also, approx how much would this run? I have done searches but all I gather is speculation from people thus far. Thanks in advance...guys and gals!

Chris

·
MVP performance
895 Posts
CSNOW!

Give mark at MVP Performance a call 954 257 0918
He knows does engines in and out.

Tell him that you are on the forum.

Later.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
sup, I'm gonna be doing a 1jz swap here ina month or so as soon as i get a good clip.... whos gonna do the swap for you? grip? hit me up sometime well have to get together and talk... if your 7m is good I might buy it for you for my bros truck... he wants a 7m in that .. haha

as far as the upgraded twins go, I'd say a mitsu turbo like a 16g would be a cheap option and probably the best option. The mkiv turbos would be nice, but will probably be too laggy. A small single is the route i'm gonna go, probably near christmas time.

·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Grip is gonna do it when the time comes. They seem like really nice guys. Robert even went as far as to say my MKIII was one of the nicest he had seen, and maybe I should just leave it alone. Not many shops would say that when a 5k swap is at hand. What singles are people running and who has the manifolds? I am looking for 375ish at the wheel, nothing outrageous.

·
DTM/JDM Enthusiast
699 Posts
csnow said:
Yeah, Grip is gonna do it when the time comes. They seem like really nice guys. Robert even went as far as to say my MKIII was one of the nicest he had seen, and maybe I should just leave it alone. Not many shops would say that when a 5k swap is at hand. What singles are people running and who has the manifolds? I am looking for 375ish at the wheel, nothing outrageous.
You can get that with the stock twins...... I guess ill blur out my secret that I was planning on doing, but probably wont do since I want more power...

I was planning on keeping the stock twin set-up but swap in the t3/t4 hybrid wheels... Since the ct12a's have pos ceramic blades, they dont put out much of anything.. So with a little machining for the t3/t4 blades you can still have the stock look and more power. I think that would be perfect for your 375whp goal

·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who does the blade replacement? Majestic or PT? Did anyone quote you on the rebuild per turbo? I am also going to upgrade the cams/springs to HKS 264s before the motor goes in. I would like to get as much HP without having to go over 15 to 16 psi. Any idea of what the spool times will be with the new blades? Thanks for the info guys....

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
375rwhp would be really pushing the stock twins. The record to date on those little guys is probably near there. I wanted to attempt 400rwhp on the stockers but think mine are getting close to their way out just above 300rwhp and 14psi a day.

It has been researched before and its pretty much worthless to attemped to have the ct12a upgraded. Go do a search in the 1jz section and see what you come up with. Stock turbos on this car were not meant to stay.

*edit you found someone who will actually uprgrade the ct12a's?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
an off topic question? is your car white? you know luke?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
ahh.. was thinking of someone else.. I dont think I've seen your car running around before

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
majestic turbo CAn do the upgrade, but the cost FAR outweighs the beneifts. its very much not worth the money... itll be about a G-note to upgrae the stockers with at least 12B wheels that wont fly apart, let alone T3 wheels.

youre better off having something custom fabbed up with a single, 60-1 or something about that size... 375rwhp is a modest goal and is quite attainable even with smallish turbos, probalby even a 50trim could git'r dun.

·
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the posts guys. I rode in my second 1J yesterday and I am sorry to say that I am staying with the 7M. Now onto finding a good machine shop/rebuilder or getting a short block from Toyota.

---------
Thanks for the compliment Mike, wanna trade the black TA?

·
Registered
405 Posts
csnow said:

Thanks for the compliment Mike, wanna trade the black TA?
sure red car and...hmm... 9,500 dollars..LOL.. I love my car but for the right amount of money... basically 14,500 i would let her go

1 - 17 of 17 Posts