Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car tuned so I decided to go out Sat. night and look for some Domestic Muscle. Didnt find much but ran into a Camaros SS 30th anniversary. From what I can see, the car got exhaust, gauges, shinny diff. and a pink bar running across underneth the fuel tank and also sound pretty mean.

Any way, from a dig my car was not going anywhere, just wheel spin( 1st, 2nd, and half of 3rd). So we took to the freeway and boy was it fun. Like some one said " lag was an excuse to giving them a head start". We did 3 pulls all from a 40 roll. The Camaro always got the jump but as soon as boost kicks I just pass him like he was parked on the side of the road. All three runs were the same so after the third run I slowed down and he rolled up to me and just give me a thumbs up. Then the freeway splits and he turns the other way. It feels pretty good to know what my car can do against other cars from a roll and a dig.

This is how the camaro looks:

Does anybody know what kind of power these car make with a few upgrades?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looks like 93-97 camaro probably with lt1. 300-350 hp with bolt on.

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was 1 am and decided to drove by porky and they were leaving so I fallowed them. We did a couple race from light to light but my car is going no where. We then took it to hwy 280 and it was hella fun.

G

·
Nice job JZA71 i think i know the guy that was in the camaro but i could be wrong. Nice kill well kinda he beat you off the line ehh. I guess are supras are ment for the highway :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
How much boost did you run on the T66? What kind of fuel management? For a T66 to lose traction on a 1jz in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is great spoolin'! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
461 Posts
MnDriver said:
Nice job JZA71 i think i know the guy that was in the camaro but i could be wrong. Nice kill well kinda he beat you off the line ehh. I guess are supras are ment for the highway :)

543RWHP might of had something to do with the off the line traction issues. :dunno: Just a thought.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

·
Banned
24 Posts
With a few basic bolt ons such as CAI, headers, exhaust, pulleys, ect, we can easily make 350 rwhp........you add a cam jsut a tad more agressive than stock and ported TB and port matched intake manifold....390-400 rwhp, ect.... most people are stupid and put them on the bottle bone stock....

Toole

·
Registered
128 Posts
Black_95_Z28 said:
With a few basic bolt ons such as CAI, headers, exhaust, pulleys, ect, we can easily make 350 rwhp........you add a cam jsut a tad more agressive than stock and ported TB and port matched intake manifold....390-400 rwhp, ect.... most people are stupid and put them on the bottle bone stock....

Toole
How much would that cost?? (not the nitrous)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Good run, those camaros look good but i dont think they have the power to back up their looks, much less beat a t66d 1jz.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Mine, with Ported TB, Ported Intake, Hooker Long Tube Headers, Hooker y-pipe, Hooker cat-back, Lingenfelter cold air intake, MSD 8.5mm wires, better plugs, high-flow waterpump, very mild cam, 1.6 roller rockers, lt4 springs, Motorvation Pulleys and a couple other small shits should be making 380ish rwhp and i've spent around $1500-2000 maybe

Toole

1 - 18 of 18 Posts