Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the 2jz is 27CM and the 1jz is 24CM. So add a 3MM gasket and you should be good to use a 1jz block with 2jz rods to get 1.5 jz. ;) just figured I'd share since i have it all infront of me.. Unless the cranks are diff i see no problems. (didn't measure the crank throw.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ok the 2jz is 27CM and the 1jz is 24CM. So add a 3MM gasket and you should be good to use a 1jz block with 2jz rods to get 1.5 jz. ;) just figured I'd share since i have it all infront of me.. Unless the cranks are diff i see no problems. (didn't measure the crank throw.
Ahh 3cm vs 3mm will not get you home here. The deck heights are about 1 inch different.
Cary

·
Got 2JZ MkIII???
244 Posts
why not just get a 2jz block? aristos engines are not in short supply and are cheap...

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
This is a joke, right? LOL

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cool. :) Let us know what you find. No harm meant. Just giving you a little heat. That guy swore up and down that Toyota magically defied the laws of physics and changed the displacment to 3.0L without increasing the throw.

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
somewhere i have a pic of a 1j pistona nd rod next to a 2j piston and rod, and the differance in height is around an inch.. ill see if i can find it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.