Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I've been trying to wrap up this 1jz (etcs-i) build but I've run into a bit of a strange problem. It's running on stock electronics and stock ecu. It'll fire up and idle at like 3,000+ rpm and will be in limp mode with the maf unplugged. However, if the maf is plugged in it'll idle at around the correct speed but will run dog rich (freight train) and will still be in limp mode. Limp mode, by the way on the dbw jz's, is where the dbw motor won't open the throttle plate past 20% throttle. So, I end up unplugging the engine coolant temp sensor and when the ign is keyed on I'm about to get full actuation of the throttle plate but the motor will no longer fire up. I'm honestly just so confused by this issue.

I've checked continuity on all important sensor wires and found nothing to be out of order. The ect measured in at ~2.2 kilo ohms @ 2.2v. I've even went as far as to install a 350 ohm resistor at the ect connector but nothing changed. Nonetheless, a new ect should be getting delivered this Sunday, I'm keeping my hopes up.

Thanks for any help you provide.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sent you a message in the conversation. Let me know how you get on.

For the interest of future archival purposes, I've stated the following:

Is the 1JZ completely stock? If you have an intake is the piping the same ID as stock?
Was the engine running fine before? What changed since?
Have you tried to keep the MAF connected but take it out of the intake completely and see if the idle changes? The car should run but run pig rich and the idle should come down?
Is the MAP sensor giving correct readings?
Open up the DBW throttle cover and check if it's moving as expected? It might be stuck? Unless the throttle plate is fully closed when the engine is switched off.
Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts