Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Turbo - 2JZGE-T VVti (build/swap in progress)
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full OEM 1jz gasket set. I am building a 2JZGE VVTI NA-T.
I'll probably go with a 2JZ head gasket, since I've read a lot of threads detailing why it's better.
Can I use the rest of the gaskets in the 1JZ kit? I'm running 2JZGTE oil and water pumps.

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
111 Posts
Theoretically, you should be able to re-use the gasket if you are running a GTE oil pump. How are you going to run a GTE water pump? They don't bolt up to the NA motors.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theoretically, you should be able to re-use the gasket if you are running a GTE oil pump. How are you going to run a GTE water pump? They don't bolt up to the NA motors.
Even if I buy the complete front/back? If not, do you know what pump NA-T guys run?

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
111 Posts
NA-T guys run an NA water pump. Works just fine. I made the mistake of buying a TT pump, and it didn't bolt in at all. You will only have luck with an NA water pump.

·
Registered
702 Posts
NA-T guys run an NA water pump. Works just fine. I made the mistake of buying a TT pump, and it didn't bolt in at all. You will only have luck with an NA water pump.
This. I had bought a TT pump in 2019 as well, bit didn't fit for sh**. Get a new GE pump, just as capable. TBH.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, new GE pump it is. Cheaper, too. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts