Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK a friend of mines got a 1jzgte with an r154, manual harness but the thing is, it has the AUTOMATIC ECU and the car just hits a rev limit but instead its always at 4500-5000rpm and wont go no more.

Anyone have any ideas if its the manual harness on auto ecu or could be something else?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
With the manual harness and auto ecu you have to jump two pins. Try that first, then if it continues then it may be your ecu. Explain your friends car in detail, when, why, how? You know?

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well get more info tommorow

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
IIRC You should only need to jumper the neutral cutout.

How does it drive before that point, does it blow smoke, is it jerkey, does it have no power? I'm going to take a guess, and say your TPS is mis-adjusted.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drives perfectly normal, no smoke, does'nt move jerky, feels like its making great power.

But thats one thing did'nt no about, jumping two pins on the auto ecu, anyone know which pins? any pics of how to do it?

Thanks

·
0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,012 Posts
My car has the same setup and the same issue. So it's probably not a problem specific to the ECU. The car drives perfectly up to just before 5k and then it hits a wall and will just bog if you try to go faster. It happens in both 4th and 5th gear for me. It may happen in lower gears but I haven't noticed it.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
happens on 3,4,5 lol......i wonder if its fuel? but that cant be.....

but the pin jumping thingy, did'nt no about that and have'nt done it yet....need to find some info on what exactly to do

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
the pin jump is just a neutral safety switch ro allow you to get the car started without the auto being in "Park" or "neutral".

I know a guy who ran an auto ecu in a 5-speed and had no problems. He said the part throttle maps were a little different, but that was it. Strange how people are having issues revving past 4500.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does it drive before that point, does it blow smoke, is it jerkey, does it have no power? I'm going to take a guess, and say your TPS is mis-adjusted.
I got the car today and well when driving it was blowing black smoke and backfiring on WOT. When i checked, it was the map sensor connection off. Plugged it in and it was not idling properly, was kinda like a missfiring but at some points it can rev up smoothly as if nothing was wrong.

But it does drive jerky, feels like no power or maybe theres power for that amount of missfiring? Dunno but it feels like theres something too much going in the engine, either too much gas or too much air but theres no black smoke and well the turbos are on stock boost with stock hoses and stuff.

·
Registered
979 Posts
sounds like the same problem im having...i cant get it figured out....mine breaks up at 10psi...even with a FCD and a chipped ecu...i dont get it...i have a r154 and auto ecu
i dont get it

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
Its not a bad map sensor is it?

·
Registered
979 Posts
on mine ive swapped ecu, plugs, re gapped, igniter, coil packs, new coil pack clips, map sensor and installed a fcd and still cant get it right...i need to get my tach reading correct so i can check what rpm its doing it.....

but it runs great at part throttle.....full throttle its 12.x and runs good till it hits 10...the popping and bogging

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
I'm going to make a guess, and say that your TPS is mis-adjusted. A clear sign is driving jerkey. Going from no throttle to a little throttle should not be jerkey. If it is, your TPS is out of adjustment huge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts