Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
holy shit dude. someone is gonna think you are some little n/a mkII and you are gonna embarass the hell out of them. when you start searching for parts, let us know how hard it is because i've heard it is next to impossible to find aftermarket for 1jz. good job though!

·
Twin-Turbos 2X the Proble
806 Posts
Wow, pretty amazing, that musta been a tough swap. WTG!

--------------------------------
88 Supra Turbo

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Heh, interesting! Nice job, too.
So, you got the front cut of a Soarer (Which is from the JDM Mark II family- And the Toyota Cressida of the USA is from the Mark II family!) Do you have the original front bumper of the soarer? I'd pay you big bucks for it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Australia never got the 1JZGTE engine, but we are now getting them in Soarers and MK3's Supra's as grey imports. You can still get alot of aftermarket parts for them as they are popular in Japan. My motor is out of a Chaser which is the same as our Cressida's. As the car already had a 5ME six cylinder, Its wasn't real hard to do. I used the engine mounts of the 1JZ grafted onto the 5ME crossmember. I have five other friends who have done this conversion in other Toyota's but mine could be one of the first MK2's converted. I'll let you'se know how it runs in 2 weeks!!
Frank

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
MK2_1JZ said:
Australia never got the 1JZGTE engine, but we are now getting them in Soarers and MK3's Supra's as grey imports. You can still get alot of aftermarket parts for them as they are popular in Japan. My motor is out of a Chaser which is the same as our Cressida's. As the car already had a 5ME six cylinder, Its wasn't real hard to do. I used the engine mounts of the 1JZ grafted onto the 5ME crossmember. I have five other friends who have done this conversion in other Toyota's but mine could be one of the first MK2's converted. I'll let you'se know how it runs in 2 weeks!!
Frank
Yah but the important thing is, would ya send over tha bumper of the Chaser if I paid you big bucks? Thanks :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry dude. I didn't get a bumper with the front cut. Only got the guards which are damaged. Good bumpers are usually taken off before hand.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got it on the road, with a 3" mandrel bent exhaust and straight through stainless. With stock boost, this things really hauls ass! It spins 1st gear to 80ks violently, then chips 2nd gear! With more boost its going to be scary!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First drive is always sweet.......

..........Be very proud of yourself, not too many people can accomplish what you have done.

Only if I had that kind of money to purchase a nice JZ engine...........

Keep us posted!

stan

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Heres one that I posted a couple of weeks ago. 2JZ in a Celica:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and how big a press did you use to force that 2jz into the celica?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts