Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm Saad from Islamabad, Pakistan. This is my first post here, And i apologize in advance if I'm breaking any of the forums rules by posting this thread here.

I need help, with a car that I'm currently inspecting to purchase. It's a 1998 Mark II/ Tourer V with a 1JZ-GTE VVti Swap with an automatic transmission (A340E I presume). Well i got a first look at the car this Sunday. The car fired up and everything seemed normal, But the first issue that i noticed was the car wouldn't even move an inch when i put it in reverse or drive. Not even a slight movement. The owner told me that he put Redline Performance ATF in the transmission just a couple of days which the mechanic overfilled by 2 litres. And now the car needs alot of throttle for it to move. According to the owner the overfilling of the ATF and it being already thick has made the gears very difficult to move. I'm not really sure if thats possible or not. Can you guys shed some light on this issue? The owner had asked me for a day so that he can get the ATF sorted out but the next day he called me and told me he needed another 3-4 days since he has some personal commitments.

Another issue I noticed was that when I revved the car in park, It revved up fine but stalled when I let go off the throttle. The owner said its because of the Blow off Valve and is completely normal.

So I'm in dire need of expert advice as to what to look for when i next see the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Saad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Seeing as I have never driven an automatic, I can't see how overfilling would make the transmission not work. Seems like it's not engaging (automatics use solenoids I think...?).

And I don't see how the blowoff valve would have any effect on when it stalled. Could be wrong but I don't see it.. Think he's feeding you shit, mate. I would steer clear.

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,580 Posts
Over filling a tranny can definitely cause issues like that. The fluid heats up and expands. If there is no where for it to expand too it'll start boiling and find a way out. As for the blow off valve. If it is stuck closed boost pressure can slam the throttle plate closed and surge the turbo. Or blow a coupler or pipe off. But if it's operating as designed a blow off valve should not stall the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts