Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm in the process of doing a 1jzgte/R154 swap and I'm having issues with my pressure plate (CM FX400) not fully disengaging. I've noticed when the clutch is engaged (clutch pedal NOT depressed) the clutch fork extends so far from the slave cylinder piston that there is an ~1/2" travel from engaged to disengaged.

I've also closely inspected my throw out bearing install and it looks to be correct. I've confirmed with CM that the OEM 7mgte throw out bearing is acceptable for this setup. I've also made sure to removed the spacer located behind the original auto tran setup.

IMG_20160621_142957367 by dardongxiong, on Flickr

Now here's an image of the fork when the clutch is engaged (clutch pedal not depressed)
Disengaged (2) by dardongxiong, on Flickr

Here's an image when the clutch pedal is depressed, notice the arm of the fork is touching the pressure plate
engaged by dardongxiong, on Flickr

Now I think what maybe the problem is my bell housing. Notice in this photo that the mount where the fork is held in place is raised between the two bolt holes (disregard the 3 washers that are used to aid in making the mount flush with the bolt holes). With this being slightly raised it brings the fork closer to the pressure platen and further away from the slave piston ultimately making the fork travel further to disengage the clutch.

IMG_20160622_121853732 by dardongxiong, on Flickr

Now my question is should I shave this down or do you think there's something else wrong?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also notice when comparing the 1jzgte bell housing vs the 7m R154 bell housing its 1 " shorter, meaning it brings the clutch fork 1" closer to the pressure plate. Is this normal?

IMG_20160622_151019171_HDR by dardongxiong, on Flickr
Left 1jzgte R154, right 7mgte R154
Does anyone else have any comparisons/dimensions?

·
Registered
549 Posts
... (disregard the 3 washers that are used to aid in making the mount flush with the bolt holes)...
Pretty sure that's you're problem. helped with a few xJZ swaps with r154s, never needed spacers to make it fit.

Where did you get the bellhousing?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right Ben, I removed the washers and shaved off that aluminum nub so everything was flush with the bolt holes. I threw on the bell housing with the clutch fork and slave to see if the clutch would spin freely when the clutch was depress and it did!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Glad to hear. Might wanna give the seller a heads up, so the manufacturer can modify the casting to correct the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts