Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
First off, what happened to the Search button?

Secondly,
I have a 1jzgte swapped Supra that ran great until I took the crank for a walk. I am considering spending the extra money to swap in a full 2jzgte engine, but I have a couple of inquiries.

First: I have heard that the 1jz harness will connect to the 2jz engine without issues. If this is correct:
-can I use the 1jz ECU to control the 2jz engine through the 1jz harness?
OR
-can I use the 2jz ECU with the 1jz harness to control the 2jz?

*side question: Do I need to swap to a 2jz MAP sensor?*

Secondly: Besides my previous electrical question, and obvious exhaust issues, what else is neede for the swap? Keep in mind I have a 1jz already, and a FMIC, exhaust etc...

Thanks a bunch! I wish the search engine was working, as I know this has to have been covered before.

Tyler

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
Howdy,
First off, what happened to the Search button?
It comes on once i a while, dont know why but when it comes on the forums is really slower.

Secondly,
I have a 1jzgte swapped Supra that ran great until I took the crank for a walk. I am considering spending the extra money to swap in a full 2jzgte engine, but I have a couple of inquiries.

First: I have heard that the 1jz harness will connect to the 2jz engine without issues. If this is correct:
-can I use the 1jz ECU to control the 2jz engine through the 1jz harness?
OR
-can I use the 2jz ECU with the 1jz harness to control the 2jz?

*side question: Do I need to swap to a 2jz MAP sensor?*
1jz harnes, ecu, map, and 2jz injectors(440 or 550)

Secondly: Besides my previous electrical question, and obvious exhaust issues, what else is neede for the swap? Keep in mind I have a 1jz already, and a FMIC, exhaust etc...
Some sensors dont have the same plugs but you can just cut the wires and re-attach them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would like to do the same swap someday. Looking forward to next year's project!!!

Let us know how it goes.

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
to add to jza71's post.
the sensors that are different are the oil pressure sensor, and depending on witch injector you run, you would have to change the injector plugs. then the 2j has a boost up fuel solinoid on the intake manifold. i believe the 1j has its boost up solinoid under the intake manifold.
if you ever plan on using a 2j ecu, get a patch harness, and use the jdm ecu. that way you wount have to run wires for all the emissions, and afm sensors.
in a nut shell, yes its a simple swap to go 2jz since you already have a 1jz. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts