Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took my car for spin today and it feels very slow im boosting 10psi of boost everythink stock

those your cars boost 10 psi too?

it seems slow what is the most psi of boost i can run saftly on those turbos?

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
bone stock? as in stock exhaust, stock dp, stock intake, etc?

If so, that's your answer...

Open up your exhaust. You will change your mind.

Run however much boost you have enough fuel for. If your car is stock, you won't get over 1BAR though. fuel cut.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
your gonna need two JZs to speed that thing up...

;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
open exhaust

all i have is down pipe no cat loud as hell but slow i just wana know how many psi i can run on stocks the most with out blowing hot air

im gona upgreat with single turbo and 264 hks cams some times soon i have everythink just need time to intall

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
i assume no exhaust.. what did you have before the 1jz?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
3.5 down pipe

i got 3.5 inch stainless steel down pipe with open cat , that down pipe cost me $375 i got riped on that down pipe i think

i got 1991 3000gt vr4 now moded abot 450-470 awhp maby thats why it feel slow? i dont know how fast those 1jz are stock thats why im asking

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
a 1jz with 10 psi will put 250-280whp down.. nothing crazy... thats why it feels slow..

and 3.5" is big... over kill i think.. the price isn't bad.. ss isn't cheap..

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
its all in your head.... Awd+450 awhp= fast.... Rwd+250-280 rwhp= feels slower ;) there you have it.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
Slow and fast are relative terms, but a 1J with a few mods is hardly what I'd call slow. :dunno:

edit: I see your previous car. LOL, yeah. a 200hp loss in power would feel a bit slow I guess...

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
you can mod a 1jz all u want, but if your running stock twins.. it will be slow and barely get out of the 13's in the 1320.

Get a single blurbo. I advise a GT40-88R.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
you can mod a 1jz all u want, but if your running stock twins.. it will be slow and barely get out of the 13's in the 1320.

Get a single blurbo. I advise a GT40-88R.
you mean a gt47-88 :)

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
cassio said:
your gonna need two JZs to speed that thing up...

;)
Deffinately. No replacement for displacement. Damn 5.0 quad turboed. that would be cool. lol

Yea the car feels slow because its stock. Do a few boltons and 1 bar and you will notice night and day. Shit even from a 5 min SAFC tune my car was night and day

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I had a RHD 1J that is slightly modded and feels slow also. :rofl:

I sold it to my brother and hope to get some good hp out of it with the stockers so hit me back of what you guys do as well. My bro doesn't want to change stockers for a while so I am just doing other stuff for now. Car has only 51000 miles so I can see why he wants to keep them for some time.

maybe a big shot of nitrous :naughty:

Duane

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
check your compression ect, I have a pretty decent frame of reference on what fast is. Driven modded vipers, ferraris, ridden in singled supras, BPU RX-7, SR-20 datsun 510 (scary), and I was very satsified with my BPU 1j. Mods in SIG on a hard 1-2 shift im going sideways into oncoming traffic with brand new decent 225 series tires, i wouldnt call that slow.

~scott

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
check your compression ect, I have a pretty decent frame of reference on what fast is. Driven modded vipers, ferraris, ridden in singled supras, BPU RX-7, SR-20 datsun 510 (scary), and I was very satsified with my BPU 1j. Mods in SIG on a hard 1-2 shift im going sideways into oncoming traffic with brand new decent 225 series tires, i wouldnt call that slow.

~scott
Well 225 is pretty skinny though ;)

A slightly modded 1J is pretty slow and compared to the cars you post VERY slow.

But as for compression...that is a good place to start.

Duane

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Deffinately. No replacement for displacement. Damn 5.0 quad turboed. that would be cool. lol

Yea the car feels slow because its stock. Do a few boltons and 1 bar and you will notice night and day. Shit even from a 5 min SAFC tune my car was night and day
LOL, they should make BEASTLY V12, QUAD CAM, QUAD Turbos or TWIN BIGGER Turbos, reversed engines next to each other.....

that is , two 1JZ's, (6cylinders + 6 more, 2.5L+2.5L)) LOL then again, that wont make sense, 5.0L V12? :wtflol: :wtflol: :wtflol: :wtflol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i put some 116 octane race gas and few gallons of 94 octane it feels little better , i think it was kinda slow because car was sitting for so long mayby gas went to crap or somethink. i will keep you guys posted now im gona race with moded eclipse he got ivo turbo in it and running 14 psi , i"m on stock boost you think i will get beat easyly or it will be close race i will make video too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts