1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
298 Posts
i used to have a 1jz vvti. those motors have so much tq on the low end. it was a blast to drive. mine was mostly stock so the power fell on its face after like 4500

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice man! I'll have to see if I can turn the boost up and match your power and tq with the stock twins. Right now you have me by about 40hp. Great numbers!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The turbo is a 2003 Dodge Hy35cw / He341, welded the internal wastegate closed. (I am running a Turbo Smart 50mm gate)

HE341 (As far as I can find here are the correct specs on the turbo I used)
Turbine Wheel 58/65
Comp Wheel 54/58
Housings T3 9cm2

I will eventually push the power and see how far it will go and swap to a He351 to compare the two as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gtx3071r VS Holset He341

Here is a *approximate* comparison to what a gtx3071 dyno on a vvti 1jzgte looks like vs the he341 holset. [email protected] [email protected], both on Apexi PFC, Gtx on OE modified cast manifold, Holset on MX Performance manifold.

(I don't recall if that Gtx tune was on race gas, Holset was on 91)

Gtx made 100hp/100tq more then the Holset mid-range powerband.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Ive noticed a lot of the 1j (possibly just the vvti, usually what ive been looking at lately) have a pretty shakey " dyno line" like its not making smooth power (especially upper RPMS), is there a reason for that?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ive noticed a lot of the 1j (possibly just the vvti, usually what ive been looking at lately) have a pretty shakey " dyno line" like its not making smooth power (especially upper RPMS), is there a reason for that?
His dyno's smoothing is set to zero, that's why. I can assure you that the VVTi's are smooth as silk all the way to 7200rpm.

·
Banned
210 Posts
stock vvti cams donot have the power after 4500-7000rpm the needed to be upgraded to hold the power up in that area

1 - 12 of 12 Posts