Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mines bought a 1jzgte that came off a soarer or jza70 supra. Not sure which but has to be either bcuz its the rear oil sump lol.

OK so hears whats confusing, on the harness with the 4 jacks that goes into the ECU, theres about 20 wires that looks as if it was wired onto something(to me i have the feeling its fuel cut defender and speed cut etc) but i could be wrong? Those extra wires are cut and ont he harness itself, they are taped up onto the original harness(spliced onto the harness that is)

All those wires goes to the jacsk taht goto the brain. Anyone know if this is normal or if it will cause any problems?

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
if they're free hanging wires, they are not normal. It most likely went to some aftermarket device. You can prolly get a good idea if you trace the wires and see which ones are spliced into. Make sure some aren't severed (a la SAFC install)

IIRC the soarer harness has more plugs on it near the ECU, 4 or 5 and one of them is orange... while the JZA70 does not... i might be wrong tho. Easy way by looking at harness shapes and comparing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts