Supra Forums banner

1JZGTTE VS. 2JZGE

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup everyone,
i have blown my headgasket for the last time on the 7m......
i wanted to find out what i should do, 1jzgte, or the non turbo 2jz, and boost the 2jz later????? any and all information is helpful....i dont care about my grammer or lack of puncation, and spelling abilites.

my main concern what will be more reliabe for daily driving, weekend racing, and easy and cheap faster up grades!!!!
thanxs alot!!!!

( i have 2 days for the decision!!)

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
If you properly fix the 7m you will not blow head gaskets. Since I've done it correctly, I've not had a single problem. I'm not the only one either.

Either spend a grand on rebuilding the 7m, or $4k on swapping in a 1jz with questionable history. The JZ motors aren't the magic solution to end all of your problems.

But.. if I had to choose one.. I'd go with boost right out of the gate.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
lol. 1JZ-GTE over 2JZ-GE, no questions asked.

btw, it's 1JZ-GTE. THERE IS NO SECOND T!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
aljordan said:
If you properly fix the 7m you will not blow head gaskets. Since I've done it correctly, I've not had a single problem. I'm not the only one either.

Either spend a grand on rebuilding the 7m, or $4k on swapping in a 1jz with questionable history. The JZ motors aren't the magic solution to end all of your problems.

But.. if I had to choose one.. I'd go with boost right out of the gate.

They are if you don't know a competent machinist/mechanic. ;)
1jz good reliablity.
2jz excellent reliability.

Any non boosted engine will be more reliable then boosted.

But, you sacrifice power for that.

·
Registered
689 Posts
ehh i think people add 2 Ts just to show a difference between a jz engine with 2 turbos or a jz engine turned single turbo. but i'd go 1jz, unless you have some plans for boosting the 2jz

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
2jz cause i don't like the 1j

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
ZaZZn said:
They are if you don't know a competent machinist/mechanic. ;)
1jz good reliablity.
2jz excellent reliability.

Any non boosted engine will be more reliable then boosted.

But, you sacrifice power for that.

If that's the case, spend 2k on a new 7m shortblock..or a JDM 7m. JDM 7m is the same thing as a 1jz motor. Unknown miles and condition on both. JDM 7m is 800ish shipped. What's a jz clip run.. $3k or so?

If you don't do the work yourself.. then how much is a 1jz swap. Problee 2k to swap and wiring and all that jazz. Total project cost could see double the price of the clip.

kids think the jz series is the answer to all their problems. If they are having problems with the 7m.. how can they expect to have a reliable jz motor considering all the work that must be done.

I would only do a JZ series if I wanted to be "different". No other reason.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
simply. 3.0 liters is better then 2.5 Litres. and since boost is better then n/a. stick with the 7m :) unless u can afford doing a 2jzgte.

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
thats ture!! im 1jz untill i gets the money... but ill get a porche if i ever get money. 78 911 carrera, fuck water cooling.

·
Lagger
216 Posts
For your money man. Either save your money and go 2jz-gte or the 1jz-gte. Don't do a Non-Turbo then turbo. Hi-comp and turbo sounds like a bad idea...and correct me if i am wrong..But isn't the block of the Ge different than the GTE. As in the oil passages ? Just save your money and do it right the first time....Cause when are you going to have the money agian to do it a second time.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
iheart6bangers said:
ehh i think people add 2 Ts just to show a difference between a jz engine with 2 turbos or a jz engine turned single turbo. but i'd go 1jz, unless you have some plans for boosting the 2jz

no. the engine was NEVER called 1JZ-GTTE. if you're talking about the single turbo vvti motor, just specifically say vvti 1j.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
NashMan said:
2jz cause i don't like the 1j

and you've never given a good reason why.

and the rest of you complaing about the .5L need to check that shit at the door. :ugh2:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts