Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched and only seen posts about the second turbo going bad, but i believe my first is the problem. here are the symptoms and maybe you guys can help me out. my car used to pull hard(2nd turbo) around 3200rpm's. but now it takes for me to hit 5500rpms before it pulls hard at all. anyone with any ideas? i have 130,000 on the turbos and in the process of buying a set of twins with fewer miles.(stayin with stock twin setup). thanks in advance for everyones help.

-joe

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
28 views and no love? oh well.....

·
Old School
314 Posts
It kinda hard to diagnose a problem without specific symptoms. With most any blown turbo, you will generally have oil coming out of your intake area and bov and other obvious things happening. Generally the same thing if #2 was blown. I would also check for vac leaks, but maybe they are just old.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought that the car boosting so late was a symptom? but i have checked all the hoses ect. i got a second set of twins im gonna put in. hopefully thats the prob.

·
NGAPINO
257 Posts
2JZ JC said:
i thought that the car boosting so late was a symptom? but i have checked all the hoses ect. i got a second set of twins im gonna put in. hopefully thats the prob.
Boosting late isn't a symptoms of dying twins. My twins pulled well until the day they blew. The first thing I would do is do a boost leak test. You can not see them with the naked eye 99% of the time. Also you need to get your boost leak gauge installed so you can see how much boost you are hitting when driving and when you are hitting it. If you don't have a boost leak it is most likely a VSV, or actuator issue. If that is the case changing out the turbos for another set will not fix your problem. It may if you change out the vsv and actuator from the new set of turbos. However it would be much easier to just do a boost leak test then after that swap out what is bad if anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts