Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished installing the T78 and the fuel system So I decided to drive the car to work this morning. What happens...the oil light came on. I pulled over and noticed that oil was everywhere on the underbody cover. I added another quart of oil and the light went away for a minute before it came back on again. So I turned around and headed back home...big disappointment. I have not had the chance to find out exactly where the leak was coming from. It was definitely from the turbo side of the engine. Any ideas what can cause such a fast leak? Oil feed, oil return from the turbo, oil plug to second oil feed?

I also ran into a second problem...the car hesitates or bogs under 3k rpm at times? Is this normal for car that has not been running for a while with the batery disconnected?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
I was not there but stephen (element217 on here) said that when he, mayo and some other guy put a single on it did the same stuff. I think he said the oil line was not on tight or had a hole, maybe it was the fitting on it, anyway it had to do with the oil and the new trubo.

You might want to shoot him a e mail.

How much Hp tq do you thing that t78 will do?
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
AnArKey explained it well, b/c one guy in my town "had" a t-78 mkiv, and ended up killing the turbo and the motor, due to the oil problem.

2 RIP
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
2 RIP said:
AnArKey explained it well, b/c one guy in my town "had" a t-78 mkiv, and ended up killing the turbo and the motor, due to the oil problem.
OUCH. He didn't stop when the oil pressure light came on?
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
AnArKey said:


OUCH. He didn't stop when the oil pressure light came on?
nope. Oh, yeah also, how does it feel to have a t-78, havn't taken a ride in one.

2 RIP
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
2 RIP said:
Oh, yeah also, how does it feel to have a t-78, havn't taken a ride in one.
I LOVE it. Only been to 14psi so far, and it's already a rush. My wife says the acceleration makes her stomach hurt. :rolleyes:

I tell her "thats 14psi, wait till you feel 25psi!"

Her reply, "I won't get in the car then." Her loss.
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
AnArKey said:


I LOVE it. Only been to 14psi so far, and it's already a rush. My wife says the acceleration makes her stomach hurt. :rolleyes:

I tell her "thats 14psi, wait till you feel 25psi!"

Her reply, "I won't get in the car then." Her loss.
When is full boost? When do you start seeing boost? Do the tires break lose? Also are you on stock fuel?

2 RIP
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top