Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Mamba Still On Top
7,119 Posts
balticMKIV said:
looks awesome brian. I really need to invest in an orbital!

carlo
NO, invest in a PC! :gfight:

Brian, I'm surprised you did have to use anything harsher than #80, I would have thought #83 would have made the job a little easier. #83 with medium cut pad --> #80 with polishing pad --> LSP with finishing pad or by hand.

Did you think about going over the car with #80 and a polishing pad? I find that I have very light surface marring when I go straight from a cutting pad to a LSP (last step product). Perhaps #80 and polishing pad (or even finishing pad) would remove any light marring left on the surface.

Overall it looks great, but no more shade pics! Direct shots in the sun so we can see all defects! :bigthumb:

· Mamba Still On Top
7,119 Posts
I'm happy with #83 and dont have any issues with caking the pad. You could also look into Poorboys SSR2.5 as well. The 2 products are more abrasive than #80 but sometimes a job calls for it, just follow with #80.

Again, it looks great. :)

brianb said:
I read that #83 cakes the pad up a bit, and that #80 had promising reviews. #80 isn't as abrasive as #83, so it required a few extra passes here and there. So far, I'm happy, but I'll be open to try new products in the future. I spread my polishing time over a few days, so it didn't turn into ONE long drawn out day where I would get lazy and cut corners as I got tired. I have to apply some dressing after I remove the wax from my black trim under the car.

The sun was out earlier in the day, I just didn't finish up in time to catch it! I need to re-install my rear side markers, and when it's sunny again I'll snap s'more shots.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.