Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st run:
I built up boost and took off to a 2.171 60 ft, and then the car in the lane next to me lost control, over corrected and kissed the wall:eek: . I ran a 49.7 @ 33.88 mph in the quarter. Beat that!!
2nd run:
Built boost, took off with a 2.084 60ft and finished 13.450 @ 103.59.

These runs were on 93 pump gas with 3/4 of a tank. I didn't think to not fill up all the way when goin to the track. What do u guys think?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
redbpu said:
1st run:
I built up boost and took off to a 2.171 60 ft, and then the car in the lane next to me lost control, over corrected and kissed the wall:eek: . I ran a 49.7 @ 33.88 mph in the quarter. Beat that!!
2nd run:
Built boost, took off with a 2.084 60ft and finished 13.450 @ 103.59.

These runs were on 93 pump gas with 3/4 of a tank. I didn't think to not fill up all the way when goin to the track. What do u guys think?
When you say "bone stock" that means without and air filter or anything right? Looks like you are doing pretty good times for what you have done...which is nothing;) I am just guessing that you had street tires on?
Also am curious, what was your 1/8 mph and ET?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: 1st time at track with stock 98tt

TT_6SPD_95 said:

When you say "bone stock" that means without and air filter or anything right? Looks like you are doing pretty good times for what you have done...which is nothing;) I am just guessing that you had street tires on?
Also am curious, what was your 1/8 mph and ET?
Bone stock, with the the air filter in. Yes, it was on street tires.
1/8 mph: 84.71
1/8 ET: 8.731

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
I just re-read my post and it did not make much sense.
This is what I meant to say: Do you have an aftermarket air filter or just the stock air filter with the stock airbox?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TT_6SPD_95 said:
I just re-read my post and it did not make much sense.
This is what I meant to say: Do you have an aftermarket air filter or just the stock air filter with the stock airbox?
stock air filter with stock box.

B

·
0 Posts
sounds like a great time...I didn't think a stock auto would be that fast...

props :beerchug:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words everyone. The car was run completely bone stock, hoses, filters, everything. This was on 93 pump.
Yoshie

·
Registered
200 Posts
Impressive numbers!

Exactly how did you launch it? RPM? boost?

tracfuse pulled?

//thx for info
:cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2bad4U said:
Impressive numbers!

Exactly how did you launch it? RPM? boost?

tracfuse pulled?

//thx for info
:cool:
Yes the TRAC fuse was pulled. I built up boost by power braking it to about 2100 rpms. I didn't take off right when the light turned green, cause I dont give a shit about my reaction time right now. I was more concerned about how the car would perform with a GOOD launch. I just kept it at 2100 while on the brakes and let go of the brakes and took off with no wheelspin. I coudn't rev higher than 2100 or my tires would break loose, BFG's should fix that. I dont have a boost gauge, therefore have no clue how much boost she built at a stop.
Yoshie

·
Registered
532 Posts
damn yoshie
those are great times for a stock auto....i really wonder what your gonna run with the bpu parts put in. shoot gimme a hollar when u head up to the track with bpu....this i wanna see...later
kevin

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aznsupra said:
damn yoshie
those are great times for a stock auto....i really wonder what your gonna run with the bpu parts put in. shoot gimme a hollar when u head up to the track with bpu....this i wanna see...later
kevin
Whats up Kev? I'll holla at u ext time I go to the track. R u still lokkin for a supra? Dont give up dude cause the ones available are only going up in mileage. I'll keep my eyes open too if one comes across at a good price and low miles.
Yoshie
Deavenly,
I dont know about humidity or barometric. The temp was in the 60's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts