Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May I'm going to be attending a weekend long Solo1 course. Is there anything I should do to prep my car?

Any general advice for someone who's never done this before?

Thanks
Kevin.

J

·
0 Posts
Depending on the track, you'll need some different brake pads - try Hawk blue for a track that's hard on brakes, Hawk HP+ for a less severe track. If you're running street tires with alot of tread depth, you may overheat them. Do a good compromise street/track alignment if you can: - 0 toe front, 0 to 1mm toe-in rear, -1.75 camber front and rear, 3.5-5 caster (balanced left and right). Bleed your brakes to have fresh fluid - Motul 600 is a good choice. Have fun, and give us a call when you want that suspension upgrade, you'll see what I mean.

Jeff

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jkbrauch said:
Depending on the track, you'll need some different brake pads - try Hawk blue for a track that's hard on brakes, Hawk HP+ for a less severe track. If you're running street tires with alot of tread depth, you may overheat them. Do a good compromise street/track alignment if you can: - 0 toe front, 0 to 1mm toe-in rear, -1.75 camber front and rear, 3.5-5 caster (balanced left and right). Bleed your brakes to have fresh fluid - Motul 600 is a good choice. Have fun, and give us a call when you want that suspension upgrade, you'll see what I mean.

Jeff
Thanks for the feedback. I do have an upgraded suspension. I'm running Eibach's, KYB AGX's and the normal TRD sway bars. The circuit is supposidly fairly tight.

So I should swap out my brake pads for these Hawk pads? Can I run them on the street too? Where can I get them?

My tires are Nitto 555's, with alot of tread. (245's up front and 275's in the rear, 18") What pressure should I set them to?

I'm definitely going to get an alignment. Currently it's set to the stock Toyota setup.

Thanks
Kevin.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Which track are you planning to head to for the course.

As for the brakes, the hawk pads are a KVR product...Ottawa based company. They have a web site , but phone them, don't bother with the e-mail...they appear not to use it much. :) Best part is that they are Canadian, keeping the exchange monster out of the deal!

http://www.kvrperformance.com

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bgrieger said:
Which track are you planning to head to for the course.

As for the brakes, the hawk pads are a KVR product...Ottawa based company. They have a web site , but phone them, don't bother with the e-mail...they appear not to use it much. :) Best part is that they are Canadian, keeping the exchange monster out of the deal!

http://www.kvrperformance.com
Thanks. The track is Shannonville.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts