Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been driving with this for awhile, but now i'm thinking, is that a big problem, when I'm driving, it can sometime barely respond and the rpm goes up until it shifts, and it'll shift kinda hard to the point where I can feel it, or it'll just start moving and shift kinda hard, I dont feel it during the other gears, is this a big problem and how can I fix it? Thanks

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Flush it and change the filter, then let us know how she shifts.

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hrm I got it worked on at pennzoil last time for a complete tune up, so I dont think that's a problem

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
I woulda said filter too, cause I had the same problem, but changing that fixed it good. Another reason my transmission is so bad though is because its an 89+ a340e and I'm 88. Any other problems, like with your speedometer/overdrive/abs?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Mine shifts hard in all gears, but especially from first to second. Got the transmission serviced at Toyota right after I bought it and they said it was just fine. Said I just had higher than average line pressure. Nothing to worry about. So, I got lucky on that. I'd just break down and make Yota check it out. Get a guy in the shop thats not a dick and he will probably go over the whole thing for you. I know the guy that did my tranny checked EVERYTHING out for me.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
yeah, accumalator pressure could be another problem

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
My buddy actually modified his tranny to do this, saying it would increase tranny life or some craziness. All I know is it seemed as if his car (T-Bird LX 4.6 SOHC) spent little to no time in between gears when shifting. Instead it straight slammed into 2nd/3rd. Enough to chirp the tires in second, w/ an auto, and making little to no power more than stock. This would save the clutch packs, I know, but I can't think of any other longevity advantages in doing this...Of course the Ford AOD tranny in those cars was/is a total POS, so every little bit helps, but hey...it was fun as hell to drive after that!

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tried searching, can't find anything about accumalator pressure on SF, care to explain what that is? Thanks

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks alot bro, thats alot of good info, i'm still new at this, and I probably take a whole month to even pull the tranny and do all that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts