Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the track for the first time last friday. My first pass was 13.709 @108.xx. That was with street tires at 32psi, no burnout, no ecu reset, no pulled track fuse, and no headlight out. I ran two more times, but one was with my friend in the car, and the last one I redlighted. On my last pass when I redlighted(headlight was out on this one), I did trap 109.2. Considering that I basically didn't do any race prepping and it was my first time at the track, I guess I should be satified. Since I'm trapping 108-109, should I be able to run 12.9-13.0 with a good 60ft.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice for a first trip! What were your 60's? 108-109 traps are definately good for 12s sor sure. When I was pretty much stock in my vr4 i ran a 13.00 at 105. Practice launching and let some pressure out of those tires and you'll be fine.

Red lighting doesn't affect times at all though...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Z_O_THIS said:
Nice for a first trip! What were your 60's? 108-109 traps are definately good for 12s sor sure. When I was pretty much stock in my vr4 i ran a 13.00 at 105. Practice launching and let some pressure out of those tires and you'll be fine.

Red lighting doesn't affect times at all though...

Thanks, my 60ft time was a horrible 2.3xx, but I'm sure that was due to the street tire and full pressure. As far as the red light run, when i saw the red light I hesitated before I came off the line (prolly for a good .5 sec, so I ran a 14.1 at 109.2, pretty pothetic.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
notlownf said:
Your running 32psi on stock twins?

No, in the rear tires

·
Registered
907 Posts
notlownf said:
Your running 32psi on stock twins?
lol I had to re read it too cause i was like, "wait, i thought he was on the twins"

Not bad times at al for intake and exhaust. I launch consistent 2.0's with my full pressured street tires. Knock that time to a 2.0 or better and 12's are easy.

-Mike

·
still rockin twins
85 Posts
nice times for 1st time at the track...
mine completly stock on street tires headlight in- with the ecu reset and pulled trac fuse ran a 13.4 with a 2.1 60' @107.xx....
on drag radials- 13.32 with 2.00 60' @ 106.xx

try pulling the trac fuse i ran it w/ and w/o and def noticed a difference

1 - 11 of 11 Posts