Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Workin' Man
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will the TPS from the 1UZ work on the 7M? I'm building an FFI and I'm using the 70mm 1UZ TB. I have a complete 1UZ engine wire harness so I have the right clip. I hear the 2JZ and Camry use the same one.

Only knowlagable people with facts need reply.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Search! oh waiiii....

Same throttle position sensor was used on a ton of cars, MR2, Camry, RAV4, Supra, Avalon, Previa, Land Cruiser, Celica.

All that being said, I'm not sure if it will work on the 7M, it was used on cars mainly through the 90's, you could look up the specs for it though in one of the TSRMs for those vehicles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey man im in them same boat as you im trying to find out how to convert the 2jz or 1uz tb for my ffi!!!!
the q45 is to big so i need some thing that is not going to hinder me so people please help and if you going to B.S. us dont even waste your time and owers we need fact not speculation sorry to sound mean!

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
yes they are the same but cheak at local yard if there the same

to duble cheak they ahve computer that will tell em if there the same

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have seen 1UZ tb's that use the same tps as the 7m, and some that dont...I guess it just depends on the year. The one I had (sold it a while ago to Coinball on SF) plugged right up to the 7m. We also had a Q45 tb on the car for a while, and I can say that it only helped. Throttle response was IMPROVED if anything. Alot of people will say that its not needed, or that it will hurt your idle..etc. I can tell you first hand that none of this was present in our personal car. There was no "on/off" feeling to either, just smooth buttery accel. This was on a stock turbo as well, with 3" piping and an FFI. All those afraid of going Q45....have no fear.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
warning, thread from the dead

how many others have used the 1uz throttle body? What are the ideal years to use for our car? (i realized that TRAC is unwanted)

I am trying to figure out which TB to use with my 2j manifold and I fear that the Q45 may be a tad big - that and I don't intend to weld a new flange up to the 2j intake, i'd rather make a bolt-on one.

I have the 2jz throttle body but the reverse butterfly opening can go to hell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts