Supra Forums banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
2,275 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! tell me please, really connect the coil VAG 06E905115E to 1jz gte non vvti , ECU Apexi PFC? I do not understand how to be with an ignitor

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am running a 600hp single turbo setup and these coils have been faultless. No issues at all.i have heard they are good up to and above 850 hp

·
Registered
86 Posts
Really torn at the moment on what coils to go with, currently OEM. Looking for a setup good to 700hp, tons of people saying to stay stock however follow-up shows they're using an ignition booster of some sort (HKS DLI, etc).

I am at the point where I need to replace my OEM coils (26 years old) due to cold misfire. What is the consensus on the 1ZZ coils, and is there a good kit w/ bracket and wiring anywhere?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I bought a set of high energy efficient coils for the audi Q5. They're the ones with the red top. They snap on to the plugs so theres no need for anything to hold them in place. I made 700 rwhp with no break ups at all. They ranked third in a independent test I watched on coils. They ranked better than the 1zzfe but barely behind the expensive 1gn1a. I love them so far.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a set of high energy efficient coils for the audi Q5. They're the ones with the red top. They snap on to the plugs so theres no need for anything to hold them in place. I made 700 rwhp with no break ups at all. They ranked third in a independent test I watched on coils. They ranked better than the 1zzfe but barely behind the expensive 1gn1a. I love them so far.
Yes, I went and made a comparison spreadsheet. The Audi R8 coils are the way to go by far. The platinum racing puts them at nearly double the output of the 1ZZ coils, and the R8s only cost ~$20 each for Denso units. Couple that with a wiring specialties plug n play harness, and it's only ~$30 more expensive than getting OE coils off rock auto. You could do this substantially cheaper than OE or 1ZZ coils if you do the wiring yourself like the tutorials do for the 1ZZ coils.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, I went and made a comparison spreadsheet. The Audi R8 coils are the way to go by far. The platinum racing puts them at nearly double the output of the 1ZZ coils, and the R8s only cost ~$20 each for Denso units. Couple that with a wiring specialties plug n play harness, and it's only ~$30 more expensive than getting OE coils off rock auto. You could do this substantially cheaper than OE or 1ZZ coils if you do the wiring yourself like the tutorials do for the 1ZZ coils.
This test: https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=38555

141 - 152 of 152 Posts