Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone or any company makes a 2.5"divorced downpipe. ive searched but just kept getting 3 in dp and what not.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
huh... your ganna have to get it custom made... but just like what the other guys ask WHY NOT 3"?

3" gives you more hp from whta i understand... and BIC just started making the next batch so if you want one you better get in line....

btw bic sells them like 450 shipp (not accurate around that price)

ill prolly cost you more if you ask them to customized it....

just my .02

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually, this is what happened. i went away for a week end. i thought it would be great if i were to give my dad the money to go get 3" pipes put on from my downpipe back. so i could get a 3 ddp. well when i got home there were 2.5"pipes on and i was like wtf. so i asked my dad what happened, and he said the guy at the muffler shop felt it was best to go with 2.5" piping. so i called him up asking if i could get my money back or if i could work something out to get 3"which i originally wanted. no dice the dude was a complete dick so now i dont want to spend the extra money to have it removed again and put 3" in. so yah i got screwd over. oh yea they also put a silencer in my exaust line to! wtf.
moral of story do shit yourself.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
You can't really get a refund on labor.

So just buy a 3" downpipe later and remove this one. 2.5" is fine for now. The world will not end if you don't have a 3" downpipe. You will still get 300 at the wheels quickly with other mods.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
well i have one of those shops that will try to bitch u down to a smaller pipe, they do to all my buddies that wanna get 2.5" instead of the stock 2 3/4! anywho he didnt bitch me down he just went ahead and made me a 3in open dp no questions or anything! it is crush bent for now but he was tryin to get me to go manderal! i just wanna get a BIC dp so i can get rid of the turbo elbo! for the cat back tho they will manderal that when i get my shiny muffler in!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I had a muffler shop try and tell me that if I dont go with 2" or 2.5 air will just flow out of the turbine unrestricted, and the car wont make any power, since all the gas will flow past the turbo, without doing anything. Needless to say, I never went there again.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I had a shop try to sell me the same theory. I took the mechanic there for a ride, then insisted he put on the three inch pipe, then took him for another ride.

Oddly enough, he doesn't argue with me anymore. Nor does he complain when I send him business from my hot rod friends who want 3 inch pipe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts