Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Each BOV can only release a set amount of air. The higher the HP rating of the engine the more air it is moving and the more air that will need to be released under sudden decceleration. I just purchased a second HKS SS BOV with my new T78 kit. I was told that 1 of the valves can handle approx 500RWHP. The bigger HKS type 2 racing BOV can handle approx 800-850 RWHP.
Richard

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I figured. I saw a local BPU car with 2 BOVs.....I didnt think there was a need for 2 BOVs at that mod level...I guess he liked the sound :confused:

Thanks!

Lonestar Dawg said:
Each BOV can only release a set amount of air. The higher the HP rating of the engine the more air it is moving and the more air that will need to be released under sudden decceleration. I just purchased a second HKS SS BOV with my new T78 kit. I was told that 1 of the valves can handle approx 500RWHP. The bigger HKS type 2 racing BOV can handle approx 800-850 RWHP.
Richard

·
1,522 Posts
Yea, I just put on a second Blitz BOV today. I am running a TSO4 and one BOV wasn't letting all of the air out smoothly which was putting a lot of backpressure on my turbo. After I put the second I get a very smooth PSSSSSSSSST sound now. When I was bpu on stock twins one blitz was enough for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts