Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened this weekend with some pretty cool supra owners we met. They both were bpu+, they both had fmic's and one had some sort of fuel management. The red one dyno'ed at 360hp, and the green one was high 300's, close to 400hp. I have a 95 gsx with an upgraded turbo(16g) and supporting mods. I lined up with the green supra on a long stretch of open road. He was a little inexperienced launching his car, but I was expecting to get smoked so its ok. We both launched, I launched hard as hell and I heard him spinning his tires. I left him a few car lengths back in first. In second I think he finally got some traction and nobody was pulling. In 3rd he started slowly catching up. I hit fourth and he started reeling me in rather quickly, passing me when I was doing close to 110. In the 1/4 I think it wouldve been close, I shouldnt be trapping more than about 105mph(unless my car is alot faster than I think it is). I was happy to hold off a supra that long but it made me sad when he flew by me in fourth.

I didnt get to run the other supra, but both supras raced each other. It was a fun race to watch, the green supra bogged the launch and couldnt catch up to the red one. Then I raced an R6 for fun and he beat me by like 10000 car lengths.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
you have AWD right? What awhp are you at? My cousin has a 98gsx eclipse w/16 ported turbo so i was just wondering how he would do vs me a bpu supra.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice runs. I've only ran a supra here once. It was a Black/bpu, but I was only at 15psi and we didn't run for long. I think I could stack up nicely to one now though, as long as it's not BPU+ or higher:D

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
lol, that was me :) definately an adrenaline rush.

tell them about the freeway race :D

I never expect to beat anybody off the line because at the track it's always the same... very far behind until the end of the race and I go flying by towards the end.

I ran 13.1 @112 launching at 2500 rpm, no burnout, on kumhos. and another run that day I ran 13.4 @116. Very bad day trying to keep my car straight with these crappy kumhos.

I'm getting my goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3 285's mounted in a couple weeks and we can do it again.

you heard me spinning because my tires are very very bald, like 5-10% tread left :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
DrMike said:
lol, that was me :) definately an adrenaline rush.

tell them about the freeway race :D

I never expect to beat anybody off the line because at the track it's always the same... very far behind until the end of the race and I go flying by towards the end.

I ran 13.1 @112 launching at 2500 rpm, no burnout, on kumhos. and another run that day I ran 13.4 @116. Very bad day trying to keep my car straight with these crappy kumhos.

I'm getting my goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3 285's mounted in a couple weeks and we can do it again.

you heard me spinning because my tires are very very bald, like 5-10% tread left :)
I had a feeling it was you. lol :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah good run. No reason to tell about the freeway race everyone knows what happened lol. Yeah we should meet up sometime in the future. My new turbo is on the way from ups and should be here monday. Should be good for 50-100 extra hp once its tuned well(maybe you wont pass me quite as hard:D ). I forgot what you said you dyno'ed at, what was it? Good runs man:)

Oh, I have the video, but its HORRIBLE. My passenger really sucks. All you can see is your headlights right at the beginning, then he drops the camera or something and all you see is blackness, and you hear the supra passing me.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
vlaar said:
Nice runs. I've only ran a supra here once. It was a Black/bpu, but I was only at 15psi and we didn't run for long. I think I could stack up nicely to one now though, as long as it's not BPU+ or higher:D
I will gladly give you a shot if you think you can stack up? Let me know man, I wouldn't mind a friendly race.

Mike

·
4,934 Posts
hehe.

check my sig for dyno numbers with race gas mixed with 92.

I dyno'd 367 on pump at 16 lbs. For some reason I couldn't boost more than that no matter how high I cranked up my blitz sbc i-d. but on the street I have no problem going over that. I was probably hitting over 18 lbs against you.

bigjangin said:
yeah good run. No reason to tell about the freeway race everyone knows what happened lol. Yeah we should meet up sometime in the future. My new turbo is on the way from ups and should be here monday. Should be good for 50-100 extra hp once its tuned well(maybe you wont pass me quite as hard:D ). I forgot what you said you dyno'ed at, what was it? Good runs man:)

Oh, I have the video, but its HORRIBLE. My passenger really sucks. All you can see is your headlights right at the beginning, then he drops the camera or something and all you see is blackness, and you hear the supra passing me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
MTR said:
I will gladly give you a shot if you think you can stack up? Let me know man, I wouldn't mind a friendly race.

Mike
Cool. I know I will probably get owned, but nonetheless, like you said, a friendly race. I want to install the o2 dump though before we run:p I'll be out at the meeting tomorrow. Black cherry/silver trim Talon w/black rims. Later.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DrMike said:
hehe.

check my sig for dyno numbers with race gas mixed with 92.

I dyno'd 367 on pump at 16 lbs. For some reason I couldn't boost more than that no matter how high I cranked up my blitz sbc i-d. but on the street I have no problem going over that. I was probably hitting over 18 lbs against you.

Those are some sweet numbers Dr.Mike.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
sounds like fun.those are the best kinda runs when u meet cool peeps and just have a friendly run and not see who is the biggesty dick head.glad u had a friendly fun race...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was messing around with my father (owns a 98 GSX) one day and we were both pulling hard; I was BPU at that point; so anyway we went up this hill, I was at about 16 PSI when I see this puff of smoke and his car left me like I had broken. About 1000 ft later I was starting to catch up to him. Needless to say I was impressed. Turns out that his boost controller malfunctioned and for a couple of seconds the car was pulling 29PSI! Why the head gasket didnt fail is beyond me. But I have to admit those Eclipses are pretty quick and nothing to scoff at.

·
4,934 Posts
jltcat said:
I was messing around with my father (owns a 98 GSX) one day and we were both pulling hard; I was BPU at that point; so anyway we went up this hill, I was at about 16 PSI when I see this puff of smoke and his car left me like I had broken. About 1000 ft later I was starting to catch up to him. Needless to say I was impressed. Turns out that his boost controller malfunctioned and for a couple of seconds the car was pulling 29PSI! Why the head gasket didnt fail is beyond me. But I have to admit those Eclipses are pretty quick and nothing to scoff at.
damn that's nuts. did it have upgraded fuel? I heard that gen didn't have a good enough stock fuel system to handle over 16 lbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts